Los Angeles Music and Art School (LAMusArt)
East Los Angeles, CA
The Los Angeles Music and Art School (LAMusArt) was founded in 1945 to provide youth in the community of Boyle Heights and East Los Angeles with safe and engaging arts programs during unsupervised after-school hours. Since its inception, its mission has been to provide equitable access to year-round, multidisciplinary, and after-school artistic programs for under-resourced students living in the community of East Los Angeles.
The Development and Events Associate (DEA) will have a leadership role in building and stewarding relationships with individual donors, businesses, corporations, foundations, staff, students/parents, and other important constituencies. The DEA will focus on the planning, execution, and resolution of special events, such as LAMusArt’s annual gala and public student performances. The DEA will also assist the Development Manager with grant research, writing, and reporting.
The successful applicant will have a passion for the arts, interest in helping under-resourced communities, and be both a collaborator and self-directed.
Development and Events Associate
Location: 3630 E 3rd St. Los Angeles, CA 90063
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: Full-Time: Mon-Thurs 10:00am-6:30pm; 32-40 hours per week. Some nights and weekends
Compensation: Depending on experience and education
Benefits: Paid sick leave & vacation. Stipend to cover medical expenses will be provided.
- Under the guidance of the Executive Director, curate annual schedule and budget of fundraising events/student performances
- Manage and execute event/performance logistics and staff from the planning stage to the day-of (this includes creating event schedules, assigning staff roles, communicating with outside contractors, overseeing venue load-in/out and rehearsals, and being point of contact/event manager)
- Set event ticket goals for Front Office staff, track progress, and manage outcomes
- Prior to events, identify recurring donors and donor prospects and create and manage sponsorship mailings
- Develop and maintain contact with individual donors, community partners, foundation and corporate officers, and other important constituencies.
- Maintain and segment mailing lists for all events and student performances
- Track received donations using CRM system and provide tax receipts to donors
- Collaborate with Development Manager and Business Manager to produce grant proposals and final reports
- Research new foundation and other grant-making opportunities
- Develop and oversee annual public facing communications strategy and schedule (digital, print, and social media)
- Calendar and produce bi-monthly email newsletter to LAMusArt stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, and ability to passionately communicate the impact of the School’s work
- Bilingual English & Spanish preferred, but not required
- Strong commitment to personal and team excellence
- Proven fundraising skills
- Track record of successfully raising funds, managing a team, and providing leadership to board, staff, and volunteers, preferably at multiple organizations
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, as well as to implement and follow-through
- Deep appreciation for and personal interest in the arts, and understanding of their value and importance
- Ability to work under pressure, with grace and diplomacy
- 2+ years of non-profit fundraising experience preferred
- 2+ years of concert or event production experience preferred
- A team player with personal attributes of honesty, integrity, persistence, flexibility, enthusiasm, curiosity, and self-awareness
- Availability for weekend activities