A Noise Within
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION
A Noise Within, one of the nation’s leading regional theatre producers, seeks to fill the position of Development Assistant, with a bright and enthusiastic individual. The Development Assistant plays an important role by providing administrative support to the Development Director. This position will be expected to participate in all fundraising activities including but not limited to: donor relations, direct mail appeals, database management, gift processing and acknowledgments, prospect research and special events.
A Noise Within is an energetic, fast paced, and creative environment. To join our team, we require superb written and verbal communication skills, excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work well both independently and with others. Bachelor's degree and 1-2 years development experience (or equivalent experience) preferred. Background in the performing arts is a plus. Must possess a strong work ethic, have confidence, take initiative and be a self-motivated, enthusiastic team player. The ideal candidate can prioritize multiple simultaneous projects successfully, and can work effectively with trustees, donors, prospects, volunteers, and staff. Prior Experience with Customer Relationship Management/Fundraising Database and Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word; Excel; PowerPoint) required. Evening and weekend hours for performances, opening nights, and Patron events are required. A Noise Within invests in its employees to grow, and therefore this candidate must have a desire to learn and collaborate.
- Will provide administrative support for all fundraising campaigns, board committees and events
- Maintain ANW’s customer relationship management database ensuring all donor information and details are current and correct
- Support individual giving efforts and board recruitment by researching and analyzing prospects
- Assist with setup for, attend and produce minutes at relevant Board Committee meetings
- Assist with producing all direct mail solicitations and online campaigns
- Process and acknowledge all donations
- Organize and maintain both electronic and hardcopy filing systems for individuals, corporations, and government agencies
- Support the fulfillment of all individual and corporate donor benefits
- Maintain calendar of proposal and report deadlines, assuring that funders receive timely submissions
- Assist with developing and fulfilling terms of corporate sponsorship agreements
- Assist in preparing acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation and individual donors
- Act as face of the department – answer phones – screen development inquiries and respond to general development emails
- Provide calendar support including scheduling of meetings, conference rooms, donor events, and outside facilities
- Maintains budget tracking and processing of invoices and expense reports
- Coordinates donor mailing list development for all events, mailings, etc.
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications
- Perform other duties as assigned
The position is full time, non-exempt $30,000-33,000 annually DOE, plus a generous benefits package including paid health insurance, company-matched benefit savings plan, and paid vacation.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and list of references (2-3) to Development Director, Patti Anne Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Development Assistant – Candidate Last Name” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered. ANW prides itself on fully representing and reflecting the community on stage and in our workforce – candidates of color strongly encouraged to apply.