Beverly Hills, CA
The Development Assistant will support the Development department's efforts to build and maintain a broad base of donors and reach its annual fundraising goals
- 2-3 years of previous development and fundraising experience in a nonprofit setting is required.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills, commitment to superior customer service, and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Excel in particular) is required.
- Experience with Tessitura and/or Raiser's Edge is a plus.
- A Bachelor's degree in the arts, performing arts, or arts administration is preferred.
- Accurate tracking of all incoming gifts.
- Data entry. Generating acknowledgments letters within 1 week of receipt of donation.
- Draft donor correspondence and communication.
- Generating various reports as needed.
- Donor and prospect research.
- Coordinating the production of Development collateral.
- Maintaining a comprehensive Development calendar.
- Fielding phone calls and maintaining the Development webpage.
- General administrative support for the department including filing, coping, and mailing.
- Coordinate & attend donor benefit events, opening night celebrations, and other development related events.
- Interface with donors as needed to answer questions, assist with ticketing or other customer service needs, help to solve problems, etc.
- Represent Development Office at weekly Operations meeting.
- Represent The Wallis and Development Team in the David Bohnett Foundation Founders Room as needed.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: stand for extended periods; sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
If you qualifications meet the job requirements of the Development Assistant position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.