Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Director of Development and Communications
At ShareWell, we cultivate brave and generous thinkers. Through arts, immersive play and real-world action, we guide children and youth to recognize injustice and possibility within their communities and beyond, and to take meaningful, collaborative and collective action to create a better future. ShareWell is comprised of two main initiatives: the Zimmer Children’s Museum and youTHink, an innovative youth development program. In early 2019, the children’s museum will relocate to Santa Monica, re-opening as the Cayton Children’s Museum.
The Development Assistant will report to the Director of Development and Communications and will work closely with the Development Associate and Database Coordinator to perform a variety of administrative and clerical duties directly related to fundraising activities. This will include supporting events and the individual giving program, and overseeing event auctions and fundraising via online platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare materials needed for non-capital campaign major donor meetings.
- Coordinate and document activity related to major donors and prospects.
- Record and edit minutes at event committee meetings.
- With Database Coordinator, manage invitation lists and the invitation mailing process for fundraising events.
- Oversee event silent auctions, including solicitation of items as appropriate.
- Coordinate sponsor acknowledgment and benefit fulfillment, including in-kind donors.
- Manage event related projects as assigned.
- Liaise with CEO, board, and organization contacts to develop experiences for online auction fundraising.
- Serve as main point of contact for all online fundraising platforms including Prizeo, Charity Buzz and Represent.
- Oversee the development of online fundraising efforts from conception through fulfillment.
Additional duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES
Bachelor's degree required.
A minimum of 1-2 years in an administrative or clerical role; development experience preferred.
Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines.
Proficiency with donor databases and Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Schedule flexibility and ability to work occasional nights and weekends in support of development events.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Compensation package includes health, dental, vacation and sick days, plus more.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume and cover letter to Jeanette Woodburn at email@example.com with subject line “Development Assistant”. No phone calls please.
ShareWell (home of Zimmer Children’s Museum & YOUTHINK) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.