Los Angeles, CA
Status: Seasonal | Full-Time
Reports to: Development Coordinator
Dates: April 22, 2019 – August 16, 2019
Job Summary: The Development Assistant works to support the Development Coordinator, Director of Corporate Relations and Director of Individual Giving in the Development Department. This staff position is focused on assisting the department to fundraise for the organization through administrative work in order to achieve the fulfillment of sponsors benefits and provide excellent customer service to Outfest members in preparation for the Outfest Los Angeles LGBTQ Film Festival.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain department organization systems
- Maintain professional communications with sponsors and members as needed
- Update and record membership and sponsorship information through database management
- Assist in coordination of mailings of program guide and ticketing reservation forms
- Create and send donation receipts for in-kind contributions
- Manage sponsor activation shipments and tracking
- Update and archive hard and digital copies of development paperwork
- Work with the Box Office team to process member and sponsor ticket orders
- Serve as on-site liaison between sponsors, members and Development Team as needed during the festival
- Assist on-site with fundraisers and events prior-to and during the festival as needed
- Customer Service or Hospitality experience required
- Strong social skills required
- Must have strong knowledge and skill using MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google Apps (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar, etc.)
- Must have experience working with Mac processors
- Must be able to take direction from supervisors and work independently
- Detail-oriented and demonstrated attention to accuracy
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Familiarity with, and sensitivity to, diverse issues surrounding the LGBTQ community
- Prior experience supervising volunteers
- Excellent writing and correspondence skills
- Experience with Patron/Salesforce/Filemaker software or similar database management programs
- Experience with Photoshop and/or Final Cut Pro 7
- Comfortable with providing customer service via telephone, email, and in person
- Ability to sit and work at a desk for several hours at a time
- Vehicle preferred but not required
- Ability to travel and attend meetings, presentations and events outside the office
- Work occasional weekends and/or extended workdays
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
Please send a PDF cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please indicate the job title in the subject of your email.
Outfest protects our past, showcases our present and nurtures our future by fostering artistic expression of gender, sexuality and LGBTQ culture and its transformative social impact on the world.
Founded by UCLA students in 1982, Outfest is the leading organization that promotes equality by creating, sharing and protecting LGBTQ stories on the screen. Outfest builds community by connecting diverse populations to discover, discuss and celebrate stories of LGBTQ lives. Over the past three decades, Outfest has showcased thousands of films from around the world to audiences of nearly a million, educated and mentored hundreds of emerging filmmakers and protected more than 30,000 LGBTQ films and videos.
Outfest is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from all persons regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical/physical/mental condition, pregnancy/childbirth and related medical condition, age, marital status, or veteran status.