Japanese American Cultural & Community Center
Los Angeles, CA
Founded in 1971, Japanese American Cultural & Community Center is one of the largest ethnic arts and cultural centers of its kind in the United States. A hub for Japanese and Japanese American arts and culture and a community gathering place for the diverse voices it inspires – Japanese American Cultural & Community Center connects traditional and contemporary; community participants and creative professionals; Southern California and the world beyond. It is a critical time in the organization’s life cycle as we are in growth mode and have two major projects we are embarking on: building a new Culinary Cultural Center and upgrades to the Aratani Theatre in preparation for the arrival of Allegiance, the musical starring George Takei in the Spring of 2018. jaccc.org
Job Title: Development Assistant
Compensation: Competitive; DOE
Hours: Part-time, 20-29 hours per week
Start Date: September 1, 2017 or as soon as position is filled
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Vice President of External Relations, the Development Assistant supports development operations, assists with fundraising efforts and events, and maintains the customer relationship management system. The position requires effective work organization and teamwork, attention to detail, accuracy, strong computer skills, and ability to maintain positive customer/donor relations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide administrative support for membership programs, including
a. Maintain membership database
b. Produce membership correspondence for monthly renewals
c. Respond to inquiries regarding membership programs
2. Manage and maintain donor/prospect database, including
a. Accurate daily data input
b. Segment data for timely donor/prospect communications
c. Respond to internal requests
3. Provide fully engaged support of annual dinner and other events, including
a. Coordination of assigned event components
b. Logistical support
- Strong communication skills-both written and verbal
- Superior organization and attention to detail
- Exceptional accuracy in data entry
- Proven ability to work independently with skills to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong computer skills, including: G (Google) Suite, Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel, and a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends
- Professional manner and strong customer orientation
- Ability to lift and carry 15 lbs.
- College degree preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. In the subject line of the email, please write "Development Assistant.” No phone calls please. Job is open until filled.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Japanese American Cultural & Community Center to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.