The Laguna Playhouse
Laguna Playhouse, a nationally acclaimed, professional theatre based in Laguna Beach, CA, is searching for a full time Development Associate. The Development Associate reports to the Associate Director of the Annual Fund and supports the development team in achieving its fundraising goals and objectives. The department currently raises approximately 1.2M of a 4M organization through individual, corporate and foundation sources and special events. The Opportunity: The Development Associate is a full time, essential member of the Laguna Playhouse development department. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Data Management and Reporting:
- Accurately code and enter donations in Tessitura database and, where appropriate, maintain hard copy files.
- Produce giving reports to track and monitor fundraising progress to goal.
- Assist in producing and tracking direct mail, telefunding and e-campaigns.
Donor Cultivation and Stewardship:
- Prepare donor acknowledgement letters and track fulfillment of donor benefits.
- Prepare and maintain inventory of development and marketing materials for donor prospecting and solicitation visits and corporate and foundation grant proposals.
- In partnership with the Development team, utilize moves management strategies and create plans in Tessitura to accurately track donor interaction and ensure meaningful donor stewardship.
- Provide concierge service for ticket requests from the Board and major donors to the organization.
- Support donor cultivation and stewardship mandates as laid out in the annual development plan.
- Support the Development and Playhouse team on special events, including Opening Night receptions, donor cultivation and stewardship events, Playhouse Women and other donor and membership group events and the Laguna Playhouse Gala.
- Serve as a liaison between development and marketing regarding production and delivery of print, digital, website, special event and other materials.
- Develop and maintain development policy and procedure manual, update policies and ensure systems are working effectively and efficiently.
Traits, Characteristics and Experience - The chosen candidate will be detail-oriented, understand the importance of confidentiality and possess: excellent judgment; strong verbal and written communication skills (including excellent spelling and grammar); the ability to effectively multi-task and negotiate competing priorities with grace and a sense of humor. The chosen candidate must also have strong project management experience, including tracking of and reporting on multiple projects. Tessitura database experience strongly preferred but significant experience with a relational or fundraising database is mandatory. Experience working with print production and graphic design is desirable. Due to the nature of a professional theatre, this position requires the capacity to work some nights and weekends. A working knowledge of nonprofits and special events is preferred. College degree strongly preferred. Mandatory components of a complete application include a cover letter detailing your interest in the position and a resume. Please email your application to: email@example.com. No hard copy applications will be accepted.
In the subject line of your email, please use the following format: Development Associate, Laguna Playhouse, Last name, first name
Cover letters should be addressed to:
606 Laguna Canyon Road
Laguna Beach, CA 92651