Venice Arts seeks a full-time Development Associate interested in deepening skills and knowledge in grant writing, individual and major donor development, and development administration. Roles and responsibilities include:
1. Grant-based Development (50% of time)
• Assist with grants research and maintenance of the grants database
• Draft (to near-final), at minimum, 2 Letters of Inquiry, monthly
• Draft an average of 2 reports to funders, monthly
• Maintain/update grant attachments and related, collateral materials and assist with grant packaging
2. Development Administration (50% of time)
• Maintain the annual development calendar, pulling key development activities forward one year, at completion, and assuring that task and/or calendar notifications are sent to the appropriate team member
• Draft, send, and file donor acknowledgement letters
• Upload all donor data to Charity Buzz and manage logistics
• Implement annual campaigns, including online, social media and direct mail components, including pulling mailing lists from Filemaker Pro (FMP) and coordinating print and mail house activities
• Provide support for fundraising events
• Calendar and implement online communications including website stories and events, eNews, eblasts, social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
• Archive print and electronic press clippings, posting to the appropriate section(s) of the website
• Maintain the media contacts spreadsheet, assuring it remains current
• Enter all data on individual, major, and corporate donors/prospects, in FMP, Excel, or as directed
• Generate reports in FMP, Excel, Data Arts, other, as directed, to support analysis of development efforts
• Pull communications data (social, print) for quarterly development and communications meetings
• Take minutes at Board meetings and assure that all Board-related documents are up-to-date (Board give and get; annual documents required by the IRS, etc.)
• Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and the Director of Advancement
• Assure that all venue rental information and images are up-to-date
• Handle initial venue rental enquiries, give tours, and staff venue rental dates
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: You have at least one year of experience in an active development department, and possess a keen desire to grow in the field. You are equally as interested in developing your skills with grants research and writing, as deepening your understanding of donor development and development administration. If you are a graduate of a nonprofit management or fundraising program, that is a plus, but not required. Additionally, you are:
• Personable, well-spoken, and able to communicate about Venice Arts’ mission with passion
• An excellent writer, who is exceptionally well-organized, with excellent attention to detail
• Able to manage and meet multiple deadlines with grace
• Comfortable supporting the work of multiple leadership staff
• Highly capable of entering a variety of data accurately, querying databases, and generating reports
• Highly proficient with Excel; familiarity with FilemakerPro a plus
• At least proficient with Adobe Suite, and an understanding of design communications, a plus
• While this position is generally Monday-Friday during standard business hours, you are able to work a flexible schedule, as occasional evening and weekend, as well as offsite hours, will be required.
• You have a car and a clean driving record.
Salary and Benefits: This full-time, non-exempt position starts at $37,440 with an opportunity for growth based on merit. Vacation, holiday, and sick time accrues after completion of an initial, 90-day period. Opportunity to contribute to a 401(k).
How to Apply: Send your résumé, along with a cover letter highlighting relevant experience to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please: No phone inquiries or walk-ins.
Mission: Established in 1993, Venice Arts’ mission is to ignite, expand, and transform the lives of Los Angeles’ low-income youth through photography and film education, and to use our participatory storytelling practices to amplify the voices of underrepresented communities around the world.
Venice Arts is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Do you like this post?