Pasadena Symphony and POPS
JOB TITLE: Development Associate
REPORTS TO: Chief Development Officer
The Development Associate works directly with the Chief Development Officer to maintain an efficient department based on fundraising best practices. Duties include administrative maintenance of the development office, data entry, donor relations, processing and tracking donor gifts, assisting with grant proposals including tracking reporting calendar, donor cultivation, donor events support, creating development materials.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain organizational development activities including grant files, funding source tracking documents and supporting alignment between development and marketing calendars.
- Process individual donations and gift acknowledgements, assist in donor tracking tools, and reporting data of individual donors and organizational supporters.
- Research and document preliminary donor prospecting including grant research, initial funder contact, and draft letters of inquiry.
- Assist in tracking proposal deadlines and submission of foundation, corporate and government grant proposals
- Assist in the maintenance and coordination of activities and deadlines as they relate to the annual Development plan and calendar.
- Coordinate the completion of funder reporting requirements.
- Assist in the implementation of annual solicitation campaigns.
- Assist and facilitate annual donor cultivation activities including Symphony Salons, VIP meet and greets and PSA’s annual Moonlight Sonata Gala.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Development Associate must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and some experience in the nonprofit field. General knowledge of development best practices a plus, and experience with special event planning and execution preferred.
Must have exceptional interpersonal skills, be outgoing and personable, and have and a temperament that is flexible, detail- and service-oriented and creative. Must use initiative, be self-motivated and responsible, have excellent writing skills, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
The Development Associate must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, GoogleMail, and Internet for research. Familiarity with non-profit Salesforce database software Patron Manager, I-Wave, and Greater Giving as well as experience with government granting requirements a plus.
The Development Associate must have effective time- and project-management skills, exceptional organizational and follow-up skills, and the ability to work on multiple ongoing projects simultaneously.
Must be able to work Pasadena Symphony and Pasadena POPS concert days, and occasional evenings and weekends. Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel by car, as necessary. Proof of current auto insurance required.
HOW TO APPLY
Email your application materials including your résumé, a cover letter to Svandrick@PasadenaSymphony-Pops.org.