The Museum of Contemporary Art
Los Angeles, CA
This is a temporary position for training and to manage the critical responsibilities of the Director of Development Operations while she is on leave. The Development Database Assistant is responsible for oversight of the development department database (Altru) including data entry, gift processing, acknowledgements, and constituent record updates.
- Process donations accurately and timely, provide Finance office with deposit reports.
- Produce tax receipt acknowledgement letters, and other custom letters.
- Run established queries and exports to produce customized lists from Altru.
- Enter constituent contact information data, and record changes in Altru.
- Manage internal department document that tracks donor exhibition credit line recognition.
- Assist department with direct mail and special appeals.
- Maintenance of internal Mail Chimp email distribution lists using established queries from Altru.
- Scan/upload donation documents to constituent records in Altru.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in database management utilizing a Blackbaud system; experience using Altru is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including mail merge functions and advanced Excel skills).
- Strong computer and technology skills.
- A solid understanding of the principles of relational database design, user interface, input and output function.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work independently and as part of a team in a deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with data and financial information, strong ability to create reports and spreadsheets using data.
- A strong attention to detail, and excellent written and oral communication skills along with excellent mathematical and system skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit preferred.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required. Heavy usage of computers and phones required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected].