Sacred Fools Theater Company
Los Angeles, CA
Sacred Fools Theater Company is hiring a self-motivated, organized professional to join us as Development Director. In its 22nd season of producing award-winning theater in Los Angeles, Sacred Fools has always focused on creating challenging and entertaining theater that celebrates community and is accessible to everyone.
This new position reports to the Managing Director and Board of Directors, and will lead the company in organizing existing and creating new Development initiatives. Duties include:
- Organizing and implementing Individual Donor Campaigns in coordination with the Board of Directors and Managing Director.
- Maintaining a database of Donors, both individual and CFG donors. Corresponding with Board Members on company updates and coordinating quarterly Board meetings.
- Nurturing relationships with donor base through regular communication with audience members and donors and by developing donor appreciation events and ideas.
- Managing our grant calendar. Working with staff and volunteers on writing grants for all appropriate opportunities.
- Working alongside Events committee, Marketing, and Publicity to produce at least 2 fundraising events.
- Communicating with local businesses, schools, and non-profits to promote theater’s charity and free ticket events and to offer sponsorship opportunities and ad sales.
- Providing producers with updated donor lists for programs.
- Communicating with Board and staff at regular meetings throughout the year.
- Undergraduate Degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior non-profit development experience preferred.
- Passionate about live theater, community-building, and bringing the arts to all.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a group. A self-motivated, organized work ethic and a positive attitude.
COMPENSATION & HOURS
This is an hourly non-exempt position. Hours are flexible, approximately 15-20 hours per week. Hourly pay rate determined by experience.
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]. EOE.