Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre
Los Angeles, CA
Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre (HDDT) creates innovative dance experiences in non-traditional places and provides learning opportunities in diverse neighborhoods, inviting audiences and artists to connect with one another in ways they have never experienced. Through cultivating innovative collaborations with artists, arts organizations and underserved communities, HDDT brings meaningful interdisciplinary dance to new audiences throughout Los Angeles and the world. HDDT is a nonprofit, site-specific dance performance company based in the fashion district of Downtown LA, founded in 1985.
Reporting to the Artistic/Executive Director, the Development Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre’s fundraising including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with The Artistic/Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
· Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
· Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
· Serve as the main contact for individual donors (including the Membership and Leadership Circle members)
· Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
· Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
· Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
· Lead grant research, proposal writing, and reporting for Arts Education opportunities.
· Coordinate fundraising special events.
· Oversee prospect research.
· Serve as the point person for the Board of Directors & Board finances and process monthly Board Dues
· Act as liaison between Artistic/Executive Director and audience/VIP’s/potential donors at productions/events.
· Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
· Oversee creation of publications to support fundraising activities.
· Maintain gift recognition programs.
· Attend any required Professional Development trainings, meetings, and conference calls as needed.
· Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
· Perform other related duties as requested.
· Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in relevant area preferred
· Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
· A minimum of two years of administrative experience in the arts and/or at a non-profit preferred
· Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills; bilingual a plus
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines at once
· General office administration and computer skills, including but not limited to proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive applications
· Experience with OvationTix or other patron tracking software preferred
· Access to reliable transportation and ability to make site visits outside of the office, as well as attend HDDT productions and events on weekends/evenings
Commensurate with experience; this is a full-time position.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to HDDT’s Artistic Director Heidi Duckler at [email protected]. For any questions, please email or call 213-536-5820.
To learn more about Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre, please visit us online at: www.heididuckler.org.