Los Angeles, CA
Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the Director of Programs, the Development Manager will oversee the organization’s development and communications. This position will be responsible for the duties involving communication, promotion, and administration of all development activities of Conga Kids including individual giving, corporate and foundation support, fundraising events, and grants in addition to communication management.
CONGA KIDS MISSION:
To provide a dynamic partner-dance program that promotes creativity, teaches critical inter-personal communication skills, and sets a foundation of respect, teamwork, confidence, and leadership.
- Facilitate, with assistance from the Executive Director and Board Chair, development and implementation of an annual development strategy to achieve associated financial goals for strategic programmatic and operations priorities which include but are not limited to special events, individual giving, corporate and foundation giving or other sponsors.
- Regularly update donor database and manage reporting including sending tax letters, thank you notes, and maintaining in office files.
- Conduct prospect research for new funding opportunities
- Maintain grant calendar of upcoming application and reporting deadlines in addition to maintaining in office files
- Compile necessary materials for grants and write narratives in collaboration with the Executive Director, Director of Programs and other Conga Kids staff
- Monitor and track organization's programs for grant reporting on budgets and progress towards program metrics with assistance from the Executive Director and Director of Programs
- Participate in development, and oversee execution, of overall strategic marketing plan with the Executive Director, Director of Programs, and other Conga Kids staff
- Assist other staff with general office staffing and office duties, such as receiving visitors, answering phone calls, event management, and more.
- Develop and maintain a newsletter list and compose and send out a monthly newsletter
- Oversee design and dissemination of all development materials, including: Invitations, annual fundraiser, Giving Tuesday, Quarterly or Annual Appeal, membership drives, and more with the Executive Director
- With the Executive Director, establish and maintain partnerships with community organizations and businesses to support our mission.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Natalie Marrero at firstname.lastname@example.org