Launched in 2015 as a national initiative, artEquity provides tools, resources, and training at the intersection of art and
activism. With over 5,000 individuals trained, and a growing alumni community, artEquity is building a broad base of
individuals and organizations who are strategically poised to create and sustain a culture of equity, inclusion, and justice
through arts and culture.
artEquity works with a team approach based on administrative and project needs. This position will be the Team Lead for
the following area: Development.
Working with a dynamic team of staff and facilitators, the Development Manager will provide oversight for artEquity
fundraising operations including work plan management, annual campaign implementation, data integrity, donor
communications, and grants management. As a member of a collaborative national team, the Development Manager will
work remotely, attending teleconference and video meetings, as well as periodic in-person meetings and trainings.
Primary duties will include, but not be limited to:
Work Plan Management
● Manage funds development work plan;
● Organize regular fundraising team meetings including scheduling, agenda creation, and meeting reminders;
● Maintain a timeline for grant deadlines and reports, major donor interactions, and annual campaigns; and
● Manage annual giving campaigns including End-of-Year, For the Love of Justice, and the Summer of Love.
Data Management and Research
● Conduct research on individual, foundation, and corporate donor prospects using Foundation Center
Directory Online, and other online research methods;
● Assist with database management and clean-up to ensure accurate tracking;
● Support data entry and produce database queries and reports;
● Manage fundraising event income and RSVP tracker spreadsheets;
● Support Operations Manager and Deputy Director as needed to collect information for the annual audit; and
● Work with the Operations Manager to reconcile gift data with the finance system.
Donor Engagement and Acknowledgment
● Provide oversight for all donor gift processing and the drafting of acknowledgment letters;
● Draft donor correspondence including annual appeal solicitations, acknowledgment letters, and other special letters;
● Ensure proper donor recognition on website, eblasts, and other digital and print materials;
● Support technology and planning for online cultivation events (i.e. Trustees for Change); and
● Make donor calls as needed.
● Manage workflow for grant applications and grant reporting;
● Create drafts of proposals and reports incorporating input from program leads;
● Draft correspondence with foundations and other institutions; and
● Ensure continuity of filing system so that all documents are labeled clearly and file correctly.
● Participate in scheduled team calls as needed;
● Participant in team retreat and renewal events; and
● Perform other administrative duties as needed.
● Have a commitment to social justice and art activism.
● Have demonstrated project management experience.
● Have strong communication skills both written and verbal.
● Have a willingness and ability to engage in strategic thinking and planning.
● Have an interest in and/or familiarity with the arts.
● Have a high level of discretion and ability to review and safeguard confidential data and information.
● Have a commitment to ongoing self-reflection, awareness, and analysis-building.
● Must be able to work independently, having strong decision-making skills, and also work collaboratively as part of a dynamic team.
● Must be familiar with both Microsoft Suite and Google Drive platforms, project management software, Wix, MailChimp as well as all social media programs.
● Must have experience with database systems and database reporting.
● One or more years of experience in non-profit fundraising.
● Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.
● Must have access to local transportation and be willing to make local and national trips and drive on behalf of artEquity when needed.
● Experience with facilitating group dialogue is a plus.
● 20 hours/week staff position
● $26,738 annually
● Health benefits (employer pays 50%)
● Personal and professional development stipend
● Monthly tech stipend
● Access to 401K (non-matching)
● 13 Paid holidays
● Paid Time Off accrual
● One week paid summer break, two weeks paid winter break
Commitment to equity and social justice
artEquity is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. Applicants from populations historically
underrepresented in the arts field are strongly encouraged to apply. All applicants will receive consideration for
employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.