Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Advancement Director
Location: P.S. ARTS Office, Los Angeles
Schedule: Office Hours 9AM – 5PM, but must be able to work some nights and weekends
Designation: Full-time, Exempt
Salary: Starting at $47,500 with performance-based increases up to $52,000, budget-dependent
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability, 401k (unmatched) and FSA eligible
P.S. ARTS is dedicated to improving the lives of children by providing arts education to underserved public schools and communities. P.S. ARTS is the only organization in Southern and Central California that provides yearlong arts education in dance, music, theater and visual arts to every child in a school during the regular school day. Without our programs, children in these underfunded school districts would not have access to the arts.
The Development Manager, Events & Individual Giving (‘Manager’), supports P.S. ARTS’ mission by creating, planning, executing and sustaining the organization’s individual giving program and fundraising events. The Manager will manage all event activity within the organization, including planning and execution, budget management, invitation mailing and guest list management, communication and event-specific donation tracking. The Manager will also provide meaningful engagement opportunities for the organization’s supporters by assisting in cultivating and stewarding relationships with donors and sponsors. As a member of the Advancement team, the Manager is also responsible for contributing to the achievement of annual revenue goals.
As with all P.S. ARTS employees, the Manager takes part in a comprehensive performance management program which includes weekly department meetings along with one-on-one meetings with the Advancement Director to track progress on goals, a mid-year check-in and an end-of-the-year performance review. The Manager is also expected to model P.S. ARTS’ values of Art, Community, Equity, Innovation, Excellence and Life-long Learning.
Qualifications and Training:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 3+ years of experience in event planning and management
- 3+ years of experience in donor/volunteer management and fundraising
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Work with a fluctuating and dynamic schedule
- High level of attention to detail
- Good negotiation, sales and marketing skills
- A polished and professional demeanor to interact graciously and effectively with P.S. ARTS’ constituents, stakeholders and community partners
- A Master’s degree in a related field
- Experience with the Adobe Suite, Raisers Edge and Social Media Platforms.
- A Great Communicator
- A Multitasker
- With CEO, Advancement Director and Board of Trustees, support all aspects of fundraising and cultivation events in alignment with P.S. ARTS’ mission and values, including identifying and stewarding relationships with potential contributors;
- Develop relationships with corporate sponsors and contribute to the preparation of corporate sponsorship proposals with the Advancement Director;
- Work with vendors in facilitating day-of event logistics including catering, rentals and production;
- Plan and facilitate event committee meetings;
- Cultivate and maintain strong volunteer relationships and serve as a point of contact for volunteer event committees;
- Collaborate with the Associate Director of Communications to develop invitations, catalogs and event signage, and maintain event-related information on the P.S. ARTS website;
- Develop and track event budgets;
- Create and monitor event timelines;
- Oversee invitation lists and mailings for events;
- Oversee, track and update guest lists;
- With input from the Associate Director, execute organizational branding at events, including concept and staffing for any P.S. ARTS Information Booths;
- Procure ad sales and auction items, as appropriate;
- Act as primary solicitor and point of contact for restaurants associated with signature events;
- Fulfill merchandise orders, track inventory and report to Financial Analyst;
- Work with the Deputy Director, the Advancement Director and the Finance Director to reconcile event revenues and expenses;
- Provide expertise and support the Programs department with Community Outreach events, as needed.
Individual Giving Responsibilities
- With the Advancement team, help identify, cultivate and retain donors through targeted appeals, campaigns, phone-a-thons, individual face-to-face meetings and electronic and written appeals/acknowledgements, as appropriate;
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of prospective donors (up to $5,000) to cultivate, solicit and steward;
- With the Advancement Director, develop and execute year-round engagement and retention plans for a portfolio of individual donors with goals of helping donors achieve their philanthropic aspirations, building donor loyalty through personalized engagement, increasing average gift and increasing involvement with P.S. ARTS;
- Increase and sustain Friends of P.S. ARTS membership program through long-term strategic planning, marketing, stewardship, recruitment and engagement strategies;
- Manage donor stewardship benefits and track membership benefit compliance;
- Create and implement an annual event calendar for donor engagement opportunities, based on member interests;
- Collaborate with the Associate Director, Communications in the production of annual appeals, campaigns, reports and other marketing materials associated with the organization’s individual giving and events;
- Oversee and collaborate with Advancement Assistant on managing donor data efficiently and accurately.
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change in response to organization need at the discretion of the CEO.
- Perform work while seated at a desk for several hours
- Travel and attend meetings and events outside the office, which may require occasional use of a motor vehicle for transportation to other locations. Due to responsibilities requiring travel to locations not easily accessible by public transportation, driving is an essential job responsibility for this position. Valid driver’s license required. Mileage reimbursement is provided.
- Occasionally lift up to 40lbs.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Arts for LA Development Manager”
PLEASE NO HARD COPIES OR PHONE CALLS.
Application Deadline: December 21, 2018
Phone and in-person interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis.
P.S. ARTS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and dedicated to better reflecting the communities we serve. P.S. ARTS is actively taking steps to meet our commitment to diversity and to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented communities to apply for this position, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.