East West Players
Los Angeles, CA
Direct Report: Producing Artistic Director
Classification: Full-Time/Salaried/Exempt/Benefits Eligible
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
East West Players (EWP), the nation’s premier Asian American theatre organization produces artistic works and educational programs that foster dialogue exploring Asian Pacific experiences. As the longest running professional theatre of color in the country, EWP has a full-time staff of 7 and produces 4-5 mainstage shows per season at the 240 seat David Henry Hwang Theater located in Los Angeles, California and other venues. Additionally, EWP’s education programs reach thousands of youth in Southern California through touring shows, storytelling workshops, and its professional enrichment programs which aim to support artists through its actor conservatory program and writers institute.
Reporting to EWP’s Producing Artistic Director Snehal Desai, the Development Manager will oversee individual donor and corporate sponsorship programs, support Board development, and oversee management and execution of grant writing to public and private funding agencies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Artistic Director to design and implement a comprehensive annual giving campaign and reassess EWP’s individual and corporate donor programs;
- Oversee planning, strategy and implementation of donor campaigns with Marketing team;
- Devise and implement strategies to acquire, renew, and upgrade individual and corporate donors;
- Strategically support the effective implementation and execution of an annual events schedule, including donor cultivation events, galas, and related efforts;
- Craft and lead next capital campaign with the Producing Artistic Director;
- Work closely with the Board of Directors; assist in the recruitment of new Board Members; respond to Board Member requests for information and communicate development initiatives with the Board.
East West Players seeks a committed, proactive, and strong diplomatic thinker to help shape the organization’s future. This individual will possess a passion for Asian American issues and for bringing people together across community lines. In addition to articulating and demonstrating a commitment to the mission of East West Players, he/she will also demonstrate a commitment to and share in East West Players’ aesthetic, which is diverse, enlightening, educational, innovative, and community-specific theater. Interpersonal skills and oral/written skills must be exceptional.
Additional requirements include:
- 3-5 years of development management experience preferably in the arts field;
- A track record of securing major gifts and meeting contributed income goals;
- Experience with planning capital campaigns;
- Proficiency in PatronManager;
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work under high-stress situations, and meet deadlines in fast-paced environment.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation is commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, vision and life insurance; vacation; sick leave; personal and holidays.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why this position is of interest, resume, three references, and salary requirements via email by Oct 30, 2017 to email@example.com, ℅ Snehal Desai, Producing Artistic Director. Please include “DEVELOPMENT MANAGER POSITION” in the subject line.
This position is available to start immediately. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply early.Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please do not submit any application materials through the U.S. mail or phone. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Please no emails or phone calls.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of East West Players to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.