Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Advancement Director
Location: P.S. ARTS Office, Los Angeles,
Schedule: Office Hours 9AM – 5PM, but must be able to work some nights and weekends
Designation: Full-time, Exempt
Salary Range: Starting at $47,500 with performance-based increases up to $60,000
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability, 401k (unmatched) and FSA eligible
P.S. ARTS is dedicated to improving the lives of children by providing arts education to underserved public schools and communities. P.S. ARTS is the only organization in Southern and Central California that provides yearlong arts education in dance, music, theater and visual arts to every child in a school during the regular school day. Without our programs, children in these underfunded school districts would not have access to the arts.
The Development Manager, Institutional Giving (‘Manager’), will take a leadership role in the identification and execution of grant applications and funder reports, manage the grant calendar and advise the Advancement Director on other areas of fund development, including corporate fundraising program development, in alignment with the P.S. ARTS mission, vision and values. As a member of the Advancement team, the Manager is also responsible for contributing to the achievement of annual revenue goals.
As will all P.S. ARTS employees, the Manager takes part in a comprehensive performance management program which includes weekly department meetings along with one-on-one meetings with the Advancement Director to track progress on goals, a mid-year check-in and an end-of-the-year performance review. The Manager is also expected to model P.S. ARTS’ values of Art, Community, Equity, Innovation, Excellence and Life-long Learning.
Qualifications and Training
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Master’s preferred
- 3+ years of experience in non-profit fundraising and grant management
- Demonstrated experience or familiarity with Raisers Edge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A polished and professional demeanor to interact graciously and effectively with P.S. ARTS’ constituents, stakeholders and community partners
- Strong interpersonal skills including patience, diplomacy and discretion
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Maintain a portfolio of grantor relationships as constructed by the Advancement Director, including drafting proposals and preparing reports;
- Advise the CEO and Advancement Director in the formulation of foundation and corporate grant requests;
- Draft grant proposals as requested and prepare outlines and supplemental materials for funding applications and reports;
- Work with Advancement and Programs staff to develop requests that best serve our constituents;
- Work with the CEO, Advancement Director, Finance Director and/or Programs department as appropriate to generate program budgets for funding proposals and reports;
- Research and identify new government, corporate and foundation prospects;
- With the appropriate staff, lead site visits with current and potential funders;
- Track compliance with funders’ requirements;
- Maintain grant calendar and track goals;
- Develop and maintain relationships will funders as appropriate;
- Work with Advancement team to coordinate stewardship practices including year-end reports, holiday cards and membership benefits as appropriate;
- Provide the Advancement team with administrative and practical support for events-related activities and projects.
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change in response to organization need at the discretion of the CEO.
- Perform work while seated at a desk for several hours
- Travel and attend meetings and events outside the office, which may require occasional use of a motor vehicle for transportation to other locations. Due to responsibilities requiring travel to locations not easily accessible by public transportation, driving is an essential job responsibility for this position. Valid driver’s license required. Mileage reimbursement is provided.
- Occasionally lift up to 40lbs.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Development Manager”
PLEASE NO HARD COPIES OR PHONE CALLS.
Application Deadline: July 30, 2018
Phone and in-person interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis.
P.S. ARTS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and dedicated to better reflecting the communities we serve. P.S. ARTS is actively taking steps to meet our commitment to diversity and to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented communities to apply for this position, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.