Palos Verdes Art Center
Palos Verdes Art Center / Beverly G. Alpay Center for Arts Education is a nonprofit visual arts school and gallery located on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Since it was founded in 1931, PVAC’s exhibition, education, and outreach programs have made the visual arts available and accessible to all residents of Los Angeles County through free exhibition admission and programming.
The Development and Membership Manager position is answerable to the Executive Director, works with the Board of Directors on planning and coordinating all aspects of fund development, provides leadership on all fundraising initiatives, including donor cultivation, is responsible for grant writing and manages all fundraising activities; the position also acts as liaison between the organization and membership, and is in charge of membership recruitm
Essential Functions – Development:
• Gain and maintain understanding of institutional history and current programs and initiatives.
• Develop and implement sustainable annual and multi-year development plan and fundraising strategy with Executive Director and Board Committee.
• Create and manage the development budget to ensure that PVAC achieves its short and long term fundraising goals. Develop actionable strategies for meeting and exceeding these goals.
• Manage a portfolio of major gift prospects and work with Executive Director and Board of Directors on individual engagement strategies; steward individual donors, corporate and private foundation sponsors.
• Research and apply for institutional and government funding; maintain calendar of all solicitations and reporting deadlines; track and ensure compliance with all grant reporting requirements as outlined by grantors.
• In conjunction with the Executive Director and Board Committee, plan and execute annual events for donors and diverse stakeholders.
• Process donations and related, timely correspondence; ensure that all donor records are accurately recorded into the database to facilitate donor recognition.
Essential Functions – Membership:
• Develop annual general and Patron membership budgets with Executive Director; manage and balance budgets.
• Manage all membership related inquiries; process membership applications and renewals; maintain and update membership records; generate mailing/email lists for all outgoing mass communications
• Assist Patron Membership Chair with events; handle related correspondence, purchases, sales and reservations.
• Collect data, track membership statistics, and prepare related data for annual report.
• Develop with Executive Director new strategies to increase membership.
• Prepare/coordinate membership marketing materials with the Communications Director.
• Perform appropriate other duties as assigned.
ent, sales and retention.
Education and Experience:
• College degree or commensurate experience
• 2 years’ experience in development including individual donations, special events and grants; internship time may be counted toward overall experience.
• Successful track record of personal solicitation and program management.
• Experience in grant writing and management; proficient with sponsorship solicitation.
• Experience cultivating high-level relationships with donors and Board members.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for a variety of projects, including solicitation letters, newsletters, email, web communications, and public presentations.
• Highly focused on donor interaction and moves management.
• Personal commitment to the mission and values of the organization.
• Detail-oriented with proven ability to set priorities and effectively handle simultaneous projects.
• Proficient computer skills, particularly in word processing, spreadsheets, graphs, etc. Fluency in Microsoft Windows, and MS Office.
• Detail-oriented, highly organized, self-starter, capable of taking direction but also able to work independently and collaboratively with a team.
• Ability to understand and maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work some weekends and evenings as needed for special events.
Email [email protected] by 4/24/2022.
PVAC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.