J. Paul Getty Museum
Los Angeles, CA
The J. Paul Getty Museum is seeking a Digital Communications Associate for its Communications and Public Affairs department. Reporting to the Assistant Director for Museum Communications and Public Affairs, the Digital Communications Associate oversees and develops content for the Museum’s social media channels and assists with the production of various communications vehicles, including newsletters and visitor information monitors for both the Getty Center and Getty Villa.
With regards to social media, the successful candidate will manage the Museum’s sizable social media platforms, which currently include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. Working with curators, educators, and other Museum stakeholders, she/he will develop engaging social media content, including live-streaming video and serve as the Museum’s social media representative to collaborate with and support the work of other Getty programs.
Additionally, she/he will provide metrics analysis for quarterly reports to the Board of Trustees; work with other cultural organizations to create collaborative social media campaigns; and create and monitor Facebook event pages for public programs. Occasional evening and weekend work required. .
The position will co-supervise the department’s graduate intern, who is available to assist with supporting the Museum’s social media efforts.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Creates, edits and produces original, engaging, and visually captivating material for various social media channels
- Evaluates and interprets users’ needs and project objectives and uses that information to determine appropriate communication vehicle
- Ensures message consistency with Getty strategic direction, image and quality standards
- Ensures that project release and updates meet deadline requirements
- Works effectively with interface design to achieve desired user experience
- Evaluates, selects and applies standard guidelines and procedures while producing and publishing content
- Understands content specifications and advises providers about production processes and technical implementation issues
- May educate staff and users on elements and specifications including user interface functionality, navigation and content
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Demonstrated experience in digital production environment using numerous digital distribution channels such as social media, web, blogs, wikis, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to respond to fast paced web environment and evolving conversations online
- Must be proficient in media creation and production tools
- Ability to edit and/or write for different types of audiences as well as for different types of distribution channels
- Proven writing and editing skills
- Experience with reviewing user analytics, photo and video editing, content management systems, and newsletter platforms is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Must have a good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to diplomatically monitor audience comments and be responsive during moments of crisis
For further details please visit: https://jobs-getty.icims.com/jobs/3373/digital-communications-associate/job