Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation
Position Title: Digital Communications Associate
Reports to: Director of Communications
Location: Echo Park, Los Angeles, CA
Time Commitment: Full-time
Announcement Date: January 5, 2022
Applications Due: open until filled
Compensation: $3,500 - $4,200/month; commensurate with experience
About the Levitt Foundation
The Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation (MMLF) is a national social impact funder that partners with nonprofits to build stronger, more connected communities through the power of free, live music. We realize our mission of building community through music through two core programs: the permanent Levitt venue program and the Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards, an annual grants competition. In 2019, more than 550 free outdoor Levitt concerts took place in 26 towns and cities across America, bringing joy to more than 750,000 people of all ages and backgrounds. This past year, permanent Levitt venues and Levitt AMP concert sites nationwide have innovated to uplift, connect and inspire their communities in new ways—from virtual concerts and online songwriting camps to drive-in and pop-up concerts, to a return to in-person live concerts this summer.
The Levitt Foundation is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion throughout our organization and all aspects of our work, recognizing this commitment as essential to realizing the Levitt mission. Our commitment to EDI fosters a culture where team members can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual’s value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity. To learn more about the national Levitt network and the Levitt Foundation, visit levitt.org.
The Digital Communications Associate manages the day-to-day scheduling and posting of content on Levitt’s various social media channels and tracks and monitors results to advance the vision, mission and core values of Levitt programs. The Digital Communications Associate also writes mission- and values-driven content for the Levitt blog, produces and updates content for the MMLF and Levitt AMP websites, creates short multimedia videos, and designs eblasts, web banners and other collateral materials. This is a full-time, non-exempt position that provides daily support to the Director of Communications. This position is currently remote, though will be in-person at the Levitt Foundation’s office in Echo Park beginning this fall.
Major Areas of Responsibility
• Assist the Director of Communications in the execution of social media strategies to promote awareness of Levitt’s mission and values—including daily updates to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.; write and develop engaging, daily content that leads to measurable results; create compelling graphics to accompany posts
• Support the Director of Communications in producing and updating mission-driven and values-driven content for MMLF and Levitt AMP websites, ensuring new and consistent information is posted regularly to drive website traffic
• Support the development of the new national Levitt website
• Assist in the creative and written development of eblasts and e-news
• Develop and maintain an ongoing social media editorial calendar
• Track and measure social media metrics as well as Google Analytics for national Levitt websites to understand effectiveness of penetration and impact
• Create quarterly and year-to-year reports based on social media metrics and Google Analytics to draw insights from interactions and engagement
• Coordinate nationally-focused social media campaigns with multiple stakeholders to support the national network of Levitt music venues and concert sites and the national Levitt organization
• Create lively and engaging, relevant blog content on the Levitt Foundation blog contributing
to the blog at least once a week
• Develop relationships with influential audiences via social media
• Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels and design and develop
• Create short multimedia videos to promote Levitt concert seasons, the Levitt National Tour, Levitt AMP program, #musicmoves campaign, and Levitt mission and core values via social media; support creation of Faces of Levitt / MMLF videos
• Support the creation of grantee toolkits and various network campaigns
• Augment research of articles on topics relevant to Levitt’s mission, core values and case for support: third spaces, creative placemaking, arts accessibility, designing livable communities, music, EDI, etc.
• Assist in the execution of Levitt’s overall communications efforts, including graphics and
design of collateral materials
• Serve as a Levitt ambassador at events on occasional nights and weekends, including, but not limited to, benefits, concerts, conferences, and Levitt events
• Perform other related duties, as assigned
• 1-3 years of professional experience in social media and/or digital communications
• Possess in-depth understanding and experience with various social media platforms
• Online content creation experience
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills for all types of social media and online platforms
• Strong creative thinking skills as shown through approach to various social media platforms
• Innovative and critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience and skill in executing multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment, without loss of attention to detail
• Good technical understanding with ability to learn and use new social media tools quickly
• Understanding of basic graphic design principles with experience in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop in a Mac environment; experience in Illustrator, a plus
• Proficient in video editing software, a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and use of the Internet as a research tool
• High degree of initiative and entrepreneurial spirit
• Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a national team
• Passion for and commitment to Levitt Foundation’s mission
• Willingness to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply, email your cover letter, resume, writing sample and graphic design sample to [email protected], including “Levitt Foundation Digital Communications Associate” in the subject line by 2/5/2022.
The Levitt Foundation offers a dynamic work environment and competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, 401(k), and other benefits. EEO/AAW employer.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.