Los Angeles, CA
Digital Communications Manager, Job Description
CicLAvia is a non-profit organization that catalyzes vibrant public spaces, active transportation, and good health through car-free streets. CicLAvia engages with people to transform our relationships with our communities and each other. CicLAvia has hosted more than thirty vibrant open streets events throughout Los Angeles County, transforming public streets into public parks—from Venice to the Valley to DTLA—for the day.
CicLAvia is seeking to hire a Digital Communications Manager to oversee the development and implementation of the organization’s social media, email, and website assets. The position will play a critical role in meeting CicLAvia’s digital engagement, community growth, and fundraising goals. The Digital Communications Manager is expected to enhance CicLAvia’s significant digital reach by growing our fans’ support for and connection to the organization while continuing to grow the organization’s relationship with its dynamic, diverse, and enthusiastic online community.
Reporting to the Development Director and working closely with the Production and Community Engagement teams, the Digital Communications Manager will:
- Develop and maintain weekly social media editorial calendars for all channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn)
- Write all social media copy, and monitor the daily execution of social media content
- Monitor for and respond to brand mentions across all social media platforms
- Manage social media and digital communications KPIs, producing monthly recaps
- Stay up-to-date on social media tools and best practices, providing recommendations
- Manage live social media content creation and community management on event days
- Provide shot lists for event photographers, maintaining CicLAvia’s photo library
- Develop and manage CicLAvia’s digital communications calendar with an internal team
- Design, edit, test, and send all branded email communications
- Maintain and implement institutional style guide, copy editing, and guaranteeing consistency and quality assurance across all online communications
- Guarantee that all web content is accurate and up-to-date
- Design and implement digital fundraising, engagement, and outreach campaigns to enhance event exposure and effectively communicate organizational goals
- Other duties as assigned
In order to succeed, the Digital Communications Manager must be a dynamic, creative, and engaging content creator comfortable working across multiple platforms simultaneously to expand CicLAvia’s transformative impact on the LA region.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience with digital content creation and distribution along with strong brand management skills. CicLAvia’s website is currently on the NationBuilder platform and experience on NationBuilder is a plus. Web experience is required.
A successful candidate will be a superior communicator, self-motivated, and have the ability to multi-task in order to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will have expertise in cross-platform content, and a deep understanding of the evolving media landscape.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive social media strategy to increase audience engagement, overall visibility, and fan growth
- Manage social media advertising and search marketing (via Google Grant)
- Develop and execute a proactive social media campaign for each CicLAvia event with a goal of increasing participation, enhancing reach and engagement while developing creative, on-brand social media strategies to uplift CicLAvia sponsors and partners
- Create, edit, and deploy website content, maintaining and enforcing content standards
- Identify and share stories that demonstrate CicLAvia’s impact
- Coordinate, edit, brand, and distribute content from photographers and videographers; managing a comprehensive and easily searchable photo library (currently in Flickr)
- Participate in, document, and share events and activities that help advance CicLAvia’s mission and elevate visibility for CicLAvia, including fundraising and outreach efforts
- Assist with additional projects and initiatives as needed
- 3–5 years of experience in social media, digital marketing, or another related field
- Excellent content creation and digital communication skills
- Experience identifying target audiences and devising digital communications campaigns
- Extensive experience and expert knowledge of web-based CMS and CRM systems
- Expert understanding of Facebook, Facebook Ads Manager, Instagram, Twitter, Sprout Social, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and email marketing platforms
- Strong proficiency in Asana, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop, Lightroom, and Bridge)
- Excellent organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent copy-editing skills, preferably utilizing the Chicago Manual of Style
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize projects under deadlines
- Experience as a digital fundraiser a plus
- Photography skills a plus
- Bilingual skills (Spanish/English) a plus
This is a full-time exempt position with medical insurance available after a 60-day period.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and work samples to [email protected] and list “Digital Communications Manager” in the subject line of the email.