The Colburn School
Los Angeles, CA
Located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, The Colburn School is an internationally recognized leader in performing arts education and is part of the fabric of the Los Angeles cultural community. With a world-renowned faculty, Colburn trains local and international students in four different units: the Colburn Conservatory of Music, the Colburn Community School of Performing Arts, the Colburn Music Academy and the Colburn Dance Academy. The Community Engagement office serves all four units with various programmatic initiatives.
The Colburn School's mission is to provide the highest quality performing arts education at all levels of development in an optimal learning environment.
The digital content producer will assist in creating, all types of multimedia content, including photos, GIFs, static graphics, and slideshows. The digital content producer will film footage and edit it into videos of appropriate length and style for web platforms, and will film documentary-style interviews; b-roll footage; concert performances; and motion graphic videos.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and create video content for website and social media that reflects the Colburn School’s mission and brand.
- Maintain production schedule to ensure timely publishing of digital content.
- Advise internal clients on what digital content can meet their strategic goals.
- With other members of communications department, determine effective, brand-enhancing videos and digital content.
- Assist social media specialist in posting videos to YouTube and other social media.
- Oversee projects of freelance videographers, hired by creative director, as needed.
- Edit archival footage provided by production department for public-facing videos.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Three to five years of experience creating videos. Creation of videos in an education or arts setting preferred.
- Knowledge of YouTube and other social media platforms.
- Ability to light and shoot interviews with minimal setup times.
- Ability to shoot and edit music and dance performance footage.
- Proficient in using video editing software.
- Proficient in audio mixing and media management.
- Must be able to translate brand graphic identity standards for the video medium.
- Training in film/TV production or art and design preferred.
- Knowledge of music and the performing arts is highly desirable; a desire to learn as much as you can about them is essential
- Administrative experience supporting a fast-paced environment and/or event logistics required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with very diverse faculty, staff, and students.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to work a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with great attention to details.
- Excellent computer skills.
Other skills, abilities and requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and anticipate the needs of others.
- Strong customer service skills, pleasant personality even when under pressure or fatigued
- Consistent work habits
- Good team skills, with ability to act independently
- Driver’s license and ability to travel to off-site locations when needed.
- Evening and weekend work may be required.
Excellent salary and great benefits including medical, dental, life, LTD, 403(b) retirement plan and more!
Apply online at: