Los Angeles, CA
Digital Media Content Producer
As its mission, artworxLA combats the epidemic high school dropout crisis with a long-term, arts education program offering students a pursuable life path that inspires them to stay in school, evolve as unique individuals and flourish as creative adults. Through in-depth classroom programming, students explore how the arts can better prepare them for success in both their school and professional careers.
Founded in 1992 as The HeArt Project, artworxLA has expanded and refined its program as an innovative approach to dropout prevention and now serves approximately 1000 students in 31 alternative high school classrooms in nine school districts annually. In 2018, artworxLA expanded its partnership with the Los Angeles Unified School District to establish Central High School – John Adams Branch as an Arts Academy, which provides focused arts education and core subject instruction for alternative education high school students who have shown a potential and interest in the arts. Over the years, artworxLA has established and maintained partnerships with nearly every major cultural institution in Los Angeles, as well as a number of professional art venues, creative businesses, and working artists of all disciplines.
Digital Media Content Producer
Reporting to the Director of Development and Communications, artworxLA seeks a Digital Media Content Producer. This role will be responsible for conceiving, enhancing and maintaining the artworxLA brand through the creation of visually stunning photos and videos for use on grant applications, social media properties, website, email newsletter, marketing materials and campaigns. This role will also be responsible producing cutting-edge content highlighting our programs, students and milestones. Through collaborations with the development and programing staff, the producer will craft compelling stories and visuals to maximize foundation, government, corporate and individual donation revenues. The Digital Media Content Producer will assist in production and execution of the Annual Fund and Gala campaigns, leveraging online and offline technologies to create consistent, high-quality content that keeps artworxLA supporters engaged.
Job Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
- Maintain, share and develop content for social media platforms
- Create and send bi-weekly html
- Website Maintenance and create weekly blog postings (website news & events)
- Leverage student voices to tell artworxLA story
- Assist in the production of Little Doc series
- Pitch and develop content ideas with development team.
- Scripting and storyboarding. Knowledge of Sound recording and mixing.
- Social Media trends – Stay on top of innovations to keep artworxLA on the cutting edge of content.
- Develop One-pager summary sheets and Media Kits
- Support in the collection of contacts and maintenance of artworxLA’s database.
- Assist and support in the production, marketing and publicity efforts for Annual Gala fundraiser.
- Pull all visuals for Gala catalogue
- Photograph all auction items and create online catalogue
- Create all visuals for program projection for night of Gala
- Manage tech side night of Gala
- Manage social media leading up to and follow up post Gala, Special Events and Annual Fund
- Participate in development of annual fund strategy
- Compile all visuals for use in campaigns (photo and video)
GRANTS & PRESENTATIONS
- Assist and support the completion of grant applications from foundations, corporations, government.
o Compile all media assets and work samples
o Create video submissions
o Assist in packaging grant submission attachments
- Assist in the production needs of all presentation decks for Corporate and Individual meetings.
- Create slide shows for public presentations
- Tech support at all public presentations
- Design recruiting information for advanced programs
- Updates three public presentation E-Invites 3 times/year
- Photograph events
- Social media follow up
Terms of Employment
Part-time 25 hours/week position with health and retirement benefits. Candidates must be available Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 10:00am – 6:00pm, and some nights and weekends.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and résumé to:
Alma Villegas, Director of Development and Communications, artworxLA, 1930 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 800, Los Angeles, CA 90057 or [email protected]