Los Angeles, CA
As a senior member of the Hammer's Advancement Team, the Director, Events and Visitor Experience oversees the design and implementation of a comprehensive event and engagement strategy that promotes increased visitation, affinity, and philanthropic support for the Museum. Leveraging the Hammer's distinctive mission, brand, and identity, this position creates events and experiences that successfully engage the full range of Museum constituents, from first-time visitors to top supporters.
Working closely with the Museum Director and Chief Advancement Officer, this position oversees the strategy, planning, and production of all onsite and offsite member and donor events, including the Museum's major annual fundraisers, the Gala in the Garden and the Kids' Art Museum Project (KAMP), which together generate over $2.5M in revenue each year. The position also provides broad oversight, coordination, and expertise in support of the full range of event activity across the Museum.
As supervisor of the Manager, Visitor Experience, this position provides overall vision and day-to-day direction of the Hammer's Visitor Experience team, which includes 5 full-time staff members and 90 student employees (27 FTE). As the public face of the Museum, this team is responsible for creating a welcoming, enjoyable, and safe museum experience for 250,000+ visitors each year. The Director, Events and Visitor Experience plays an especially key role in setting and reinforcing the Museum's standards for outstanding customer service in collaboration with the curatorial, programming, and facilities teams.
- 5-7 years relevant experience planning and overseeing complex special events, public attractions/hospitality, and customer service
- Demonstrated experience conceptualizing, planning, and implementing special events for diverse constituencies
- Relevant experience in sales and revenue generation strongly preferred
- Ability to translate institutional identity, ideas, direction, and themes into creative events and experiences that meet all expectations
- Revenue, audience, budget, and relationship development
- Demonstrated experience managing customer facing operations
- working with a large and unskilled workforce, developing customer service programs, and ensuring quality control and consistency across a wide range of transactions and touch points.
Application: visit UCLA Career Opportunities and search the campus job openings for Requisition #24637. Please submit online application as instructed. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, we are regretfully unable to respond to phone calls and emails regarding the status of applications and the recruiting process.