A Noise Within
A Noise Within in Pasadena performs and promotes classical theatre as an essential means for our community to confront the universal human experience, expand personal awareness, and challenge individual perspectives. We seek an experienced and passionate Director of Advancement to join our ambitious and growing organization. This senior staff position works directly with the Producing Artistic Directors, Managing Director, and other senior staff to:
Lead fundraising efforts responsible for generating 50% of ANW’s general operating budget; Cultivate and strengthen our community of ardent supporters; Share ANW’s mission and vision with the broadest possible audience; Steward relationships with our existing donors and institutional partners; And build on crucial community relationships.
KEY DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Cultivating and stewarding individual and institutional donors, and organizing special events raising over $1.9 million in the 2018-19 season
- Collaborating with the senior team, including the Marketing Director, Education Director, Finance Manager, Co-Artistic Directors, and Managing Director to create the case for giving in support of the essential work of A Noise Within and its contribution to Pasadena and the San Gabriel Valley
- Coordinating the Development Department’s efforts in researching, analyzing, and effectively using data to make informed fundraising strategy decisions
APPLY IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO:
- Learn, and grow professionally while organizing, coordinating and implementing our fundraising strategy
- Work with a Board of active and enthusiastic ambassadors with a giving rate of 100% and a record of generous giving
- Strengthen a loyal, diverse, and growing base of support
- Take the development function to the next level of growth by building on existing processes, systems, and practices and pursuing new advancement strategies
- Contribute to a Strategic Planning process currently underway that will guide the organization in a period of ambitious expansion
- Expand a successful fundraising program as part of a collaborative leadership team who view fund development as an organization-wide responsibility
- Supervise a small, growing team of smart, driven professionals
- Come to work in a collaborative environment with dedicated colleagues who are passionate about the mission of ANW
Applicants must have at least five years of high-level nonprofit fundraising and supervision experience. Also required is evidence of success in guiding, preparing and supporting board members and executive staff in cultivating and asking for contributions from individuals. Successful candidates will have stellar communication and managerial skills, will demonstrate exceptional attention to detail, experience with CRM software, and will be prepared to lead a growing department. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required (a master’s degree in arts or business administration is preferred). The position is full time, exempt and offers a salary in the range of $80-95,000 annually DOE, plus a generous benefits package including paid health insurance, company-matched benefit savings plan, and paid vacation.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and list of references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Director of Advancement in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered. ANW prides itself on fully representing and reflecting the community on stage and in our workforce – candidates of color strongly encouraged to apply.