18th Street Arts Center
Santa Monica, CA
18th Street Arts Center is Southern California’s largest Artist Residency Center. Our artist residencies support artists from around the world to continually develop and master their practices. The Center is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Director of Communications and Outreach.
We seek an individual skilled in communications and marketing and knowledgeable about the rich diversity of the Los Angeles arts community. 18SAC promotes contemporary art through a Residency Program for individual artists nationally and internationally, and a through a Public Exhibition and Events Program.
The Director of Communications and Outreach will support the Executive Director in:
- Strategically communicating 18SAC’s mission to the organizations audience and to the media.
- Maintaining and refining the organization’s website and social network sites to ensure accuracy and impact.
- Producing the organization’s signature events to engage our audiences including artist talks, open studio nights, screenings, etc. Eligible candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in communications, marketing, graphic design or related fields.
- 3 + years of experience in website maintenance, social media marketing and crowd funding campaigns
- Experience overseeing annual Print Catalogue (100 + pages)
- Strong understanding of Brand management and style guide
- Experience in successful event production and management
- Experience supervising multiple interns, and volunteers
- 3 + years of experience in managing production schedules and budgets from concept to event and production execution
- Fluent in MS Office suite, Wordpress, Hootsuite, or similar content management system, Nationbuilder or similar database/email management system
- Strong proficiency with Photoshop, Iphoto, Indesign, internet, social media platforms.
Send a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience, links to websites maintained, and resume with salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
18th Street Art Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: DOE Full-time, full benefits, flexible hours. Applications accepted until position filled.