A Noise Within
Are you passionate about building an artistic community?
Do you have a producer’s eye for bringing together high-quality, thematically related programming in a “festival”-type atmosphere?
Can you activate networks of people to encourage creative collaboration?
A Noise Within is looking for an artistically inclined social entrepreneur to join our cadre of passionate theatre makers as we ask our community “what can we do for YOU?” Called “an oasis for classical theatre” by the LA Times, ANW is Southern California’s classical repertory theatre company in our 27th year of delivering professional quality, epic stories on an intimate scale. The newly created position of DCP will run a new program at ANW focused on building our creative community. The DCP will have a small producing budget, the support of a professional theatrical institution, dedicated producing space, and a mandate to explore and invite in art and performance in Southern California that comment on and reflect ANW’s current theatrical programming in innovative ways.
The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial in their approach to fulfilling the mission of ANW. They will come with a practiced producorial eye and will be able to deftly match ANW’s existing aesthetic to artists or companies in the community with complementary styles, aesthetics, and themes in theatre, dance, music, visual art, spoken word, comedy, puppetry, etc. They will be excited about developing new pathways for artistic exchange and new points of entry for potential audiences to discover or re-discover classic works of all kinds.
- BA or equivalent experience in an artistic or artistically related discipline
- At least 3 years’ experience producing, managing, and budgeting performing arts events
- Working knowledge of Los Angeles cultural landscape
- Demonstrated interest in meeting and collaborating with diverse community stakeholders
- Spanish fluency a plus
- Familiarity with Office Suite including Word and Excel
- Familiarity with theatrical technical production concepts and equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs., stand and sit for extended periods
Salary $45-50K annually DOE, health benefits and savings plan matching included.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected] Please put Director of Cultural Programming in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered. ANW prides itself on fully representing and reflecting the community on stage and in our workforce – candidates of color strongly encouraged to apply.