Burbank Arts for All Foundation
Burbank Arts for All Foundation
Job Opportunity: Director of Development, Full-Time, Salary
Reports to: Board of Directors
Since 2006, BURBANK ARTS FOR ALL FOUNDATION (www.BurbankArtsforAll.org) has worked in partnership with Burbank Unified School District (BUSD) to reinstate and grow arts education in the classroom through its support of BUSD’s Arts for All plan. The impact of our work has supported thousands of students in their academic, social and emotional growth and we have engaged a unique coalition of major studios, local businesses, media companies, parents, educators, the City of Burbank and the Burbank Unified School District in the importance of creativity and innovation.
As a non-profit public arts education foundation, we further our mission each day by providing supplemental funding twice a year through our grant making program, as well as year-round community engagement and advocacy efforts in support of all of Burbank Unified School District’s 15,000+ students. Beyond the engagement programs we host or the supplemental funding we provide for much needed artistic tools and supplies in the classroom, we do this work because it is right for the kids and our community. For us, it is not just about supporting the next artist, but also fostering well rounded humans in the world.
But there’s so much more to do. And we’re looking for an experienced, sharp, outgoing, energetic, and forward-thinking Director of Development to lead the organization’s fundraising efforts, to increase revenue and expand our reach—so we can do even more for Burbank’s kids.
Essential DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include:
Fundraising and Relationship Building
- Organize and direct all fundraising and development efforts on behalf of Burbank Arts for All Foundation
- Set fundraising goals and implement plan to achieve in collaboration with the Board of Directors
- Maximize support by stewarding new and cultivating existing donors at all levels, including corporate partners, individual donations, foundation and institutional gifts, and major gifts
- Develop and implement campaigns for growing existing endowment fund, soliciting major gifts, and new approaches to fundraising
- Conduct prospect research and apply for grant opportunities to support Foundation operations and programming
- Oversee all aspects of fundraising events (large and small) throughout the year, including planning, implantation, and post-event wrap-up
- Serve as Foundation’s liaison with community, outside organizations, and individual donors.
Communications and Marketing
- Utilize excellent communication and verbal skills for presentations and web-based communications (Constant Contact) to interact with and increase engagement of Burbank community
- Guide the development and implementation of a collaborative communications and marketing strategy
- In collaboration with Program & Outreach Manager, manage Foundation website (Wordpress)
Administration and Management
- Prepare and manage annual budget in collaboration with Board Treasurer and Bookkeeper
- Monitor organizational compliance of bylaws, policies, and procedures, as well as all applicable local, state, and federal regulations
- In collaboration with Program & Outreach Manager and Board Co-Chairs, prepare for Executive Committee and Board of Director Meetings, including meeting schedules and locations, development of agenda and meeting materials
- Other duties as assigned by Board of Directors
- Provide daily management and support of the staff including setting goals and providing annual reviews and job recognition
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in nonprofit development and fundraising a Experience with education and/or the arts a plus
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and relationship building skills required
- Experience in producing fundraising events required
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Wordpress, Constant Contact, Adobe PDF Suite
- Experience with DonorPerfect or other donor database management system
- Experience with budget management and financial oversight; working knowledge of QuickBooks a plus
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional and responsible manner
- Local travel required. Own vehicle, valid driver’s license and insurance required.
- Occasional evening and weekend availability required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting, and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. This position requires daily use of a desktop computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on a computer terminal and on paper. Some local travel required.
Salary commensurate with experience and other qualifications
Please send a cover letter, 2 references and resume to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please.