Los Angeles, CA
GENESIS & ABOUT GENESIS STEAM:
Our rapidly evolving society requires students to develop new 21st century skills to be
successful for the future of work. Research shows that while demand is high, supply is low –
and underserved students are disproportionately not prepared for the future of work. GENESIS
sets out to solve this problem.
Founded in 2013, GENESIS is a hands-on, art museum-based STEAM education platform
focused on inspiring and fostering critical 21st century skills in underserved communities.
GENESIS offers a variety of programs to bring K-12 youth to its state-of-the-art innovation labs,
designed from the ground up in art museums around North America, to facilitate engagement
with its high-impact STEAM curriculum. GENESIS provides STEAM (Science, Technology,
Engineering, Art and Mathematics) education with hands-on experiences that combine project-
based learning and design thinking, giving underserved students opportunities to apply their skills to real life challenges. In 2020 GENESIS launched a virtual education platform, the GENESIS Innovation Campus, in response to the new significance of online learning. It is anticipated that virtual learning will
remain a critical element in all educational curriculums in the future, and GENESIS is at the
forefront of meeting this need. To learn more about GENESIS STEAM, please visit
https://genesissteam.org/. To learn more about the GENESIS Innovation Campus, visit
ROLE SUMMARY: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of STEAM Education leads
the GENESIS team to set a strategic vision for GENESIS STEAM curriculum and oversees
implementation and progress monitoring. The Director of STEAM Education must have deep
experience in K-12 STEAM, experience working with and teaching children, and must be
organized, professional, and comfortable being a spokesperson of GENESIS. Some knowledge of
arts and museums is a plus.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
● Develop the strategic vision and implementation plan for all programs
● Develop curriculum for virtual and in-person STEAM learning experiences
● Oversee and lead day-to-day operations of the programs
● Produce written materials such as program overviews, program reports, and proposal
● Develop, monitor and report out on program goals
● Research and be current on new and emerging STEM/STEAM concepts, curricula, and
● Assist in the development design and implementation of the Virtual Innovation Campus.
● Represent GENESIS STEAM with external partners and develop long-term relationships
with key stakeholders
● Organize program briefings and reports for internal and external parties.
● Other responsibilities as assigned
THE IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
● A strong understanding of technology and VR
● Strong communication skills – written and oral
● Experience and comfort with leading groups of students
● At least 5 years of experience in a K-12 STEAM program
● Advanced degree in relevant field preferred (education, science, technology)
JOB LOCATION: Flagship GENESIS Lab located at 4357 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90010
COMPENSATION: $90-$110,000 salary based on experience
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your resume, and a letter of interest outlining your experience as
it relates to the minimum qualifications, why you’re interest in GENESIS STEAM and your salary
requirements to [email protected] Please include Director of Education in the
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, and only those
receiving an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.