Center for the Arts Eagle Rock
Los Angeles, CA
Center for the Arts Eagle Rock (CFAER) is an innovative multidisciplinary arts organization dedicated to connecting underserved youth and the public with enriching and educational arts programming, workshops, concerts, exhibitions and events.
Our Core Programs include education, exhibitions, events and the Eagle Rock Music Festival. We are proud to present Afterschool Arts: Imagine Studio, our signature standards based arts enrichment classes offered free of charge to 2,300 elementary and middle school students in 14 LAUSD schools throughout Northeast Los Angeles. Eagle Rock Music Festival is the largest free music festival showcasing eclectic local talent in a community-focused event. In our dedicated gallery space, we showcase the work of emerging and mid-career visual artists through our yearly exhibitions program. Onsite events in our historic Mediterranean Revival building include curated concerts, readings, screenings and theatrical performances as well as drawing, painting, printmaking, music and mixed media workshops.
Center for the Arts Eagle Rock is honored to be a cultural hub for its community. The organization was formed in 1998. We are financially stable and looking for a dynamic, inventive, organized and outgoing individual to join our team.
The Director of Individual Giving reports directly to the Executive Director, and is an integral member of our management team. The position is responsible for fundraising activities including: donor prospecting; cultivation and stewardship; relationship management; individual and corporate donor asks; event sponsorships; fundraising event ideation and execution; and donor communications, including solicitations, acknowledgement, donor marketing and special events oversight.
- Planning, analysis and implementation of a multi-year development plan that aligns with, supports and enhances CFAER’s strategic plan goals for growth
- Initiate and track individual and institutional donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities
- Refresh and build upon CFAER’s individual membership program and activities, including ongoing management of the member and donor database, new member and donor targeting and engagement, gift record-keeping, member and donor acknowledgements and communications
- Develop, manage and build individual and corporate donor participation through a series of high-impact events and outreach. Enroll at least 50 new individual donors per year, actively building these relationships through meaningful and curated evenings, regular meetings, onsite activities, calls and emails
- Concept, manage and produce at least four fundraising events yearly including CFAER’s Art Auction, Donor Reception, Special Preview Events and other donor cultivation and stewardship events
- Raise event sponsorships including individual, corporate and owner-operated business sponsorships of at least $100,000 in support of the annual Eagle Rock Music Festival. Manage all event-related sponsor relationships and activities, from pre-production through event day and wrap. Continue ongoing engagement of key sponsors in sponsorship opportunities throughout the year to ensure continuity and growth in the relationships
- Work collaboratively with CFAER team to produce integrated, brand-specific communications across all media platforms including CFAER outlets, social media, Twitter, Facebook, video, Vimeo, YouTube and traditional print and collateral applications
- Execute, under only general supervision, special assignments and tasks related to the individual giving program
- Proven ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment and proven ability to work under only general supervision
- Additional development-specific tasks as directed on an as-needed basis by Executive Director
- 5 – 7 years in professional fundraising experience with a demonstrated track record of success
- Strong experience in designing and implementing multi-platform development and communication strategies with expertise in creating compelling stories through written narrative and visuals that elicit strong donor buy-in and engagement
- Demonstrated ability in engaging and sustaining ongoing relationships with donors and cultivating new donors as well as a high comfort level with “cold calls” and active follow up
- Quantifiable experience in asking for and closing individual gifts as well as identifying end enrolling generous high net work individuals
- Exception written, verbal and visual communications skills across all platforms with demonstrated experience in funder outreach, grant-based writing and strategy
- Deep understanding of social media and high proficiency in Microsoft Office, Donor Database Software, Adobe Suite
- Great organizational skills, attention to detail and flexibility with the ability to work on multiple projects and some nights and weekends
- Possession of a clear understanding of nonprofit finances including budget development, financial analysis and donor gift reporting
- An original creative thinker with the ability to generate unique ideas that generate donor interest and loyalty
- A deep understanding and love for the arts, arts education and youth development
- Current California drivers license, insurance, and automobile
- Familiarity with the Northeast Los Angeles cultural scene a plus
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary is commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience. Medical and dental benefits provided after an initial 90-day review period. Interested applicants may submit a cover letter, resumé, and case studies in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org Please put Director Individual Giving in the subject line.
Center for the Arts Eagle Rock is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff.