Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra
This senior leadership position will have the opportunity to work collaboratively in guiding LACO toward the achievement of its strategic goals: to position the Orchestra as an indispensable community resource; to present programs that diversify, expand, and strengthen the LACO community; and to establish a stable financial foundation on which to build the next 50 years of world-class artistry. In addition to bearing responsibility for ticket revenue, the Director of Marketing will join the Director of Development and Executive Director in driving LACO’s overall post-pandemic revenue recovery and growth. Historically, over two thirds of LACO’s total revenue comes from contributions, and LACO’s next Marketing Director understands that the ability of the organization to attract and retain donors is heavily reliant on the successful efforts of the Marketing Department beyond just selling tickets. Additional responsibilities include leading the marketing and communications teams, building on LACO’s industry-leading digital programming, and collaborating closely with the Development and Production Departments to oversee all outward-facing communication.
The successful candidate is an optimistic, strategic, collaborative, creative, curious, results-motivated marketing professional with fastidious attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to create and implement a plan toward successful outcomes. They will have extensive experience with marketing concerts & events, strong written and verbal communication skills, and comprehensive digital marketing strategy experience including social media, paid advertising, and email. They will have an affinity for classical music but love music of all kinds and seek others with whom to share it. They’re self-motivated, organized, data-driven, follow industry trends, and have a proven ability to independently and creatively solve problems. They have an entrepreneurial streak and are excited by the opportunities presented by change and innovation. They should exemplify strong project management skills and be motivated by working in a small, fast-paced work environment. Applicants should have at least eight years of marketing experience and should demonstrate increasing responsibility in previous positions. Familiarity with Los Angeles and willingness to travel throughout the region is a plus. Helpful but not required: experience with social media content creation, working knowledge of Office360, G-Suite, PatronManager, SalesForce, Adobe Creative Suite, Slack, WordPress, EMMA or similar email marketing platforms.
– Accountable for departmental revenue goals totaling between $900,000 and $1MM annually (pre-pandemic), including subscription and single-ticket sales, merchandise sales, and inbound advertising
– Develop and execute an annual Marketing Plan in alignment with the LACO strategic plan to reach overall organizational revenue goals
– Lead a team of four full-time employees (one split with Production), PR consultant, and web-design consultant
– Set and manage Marketing Team workflows and goals
– Create and monitor annual Marketing budget of approximately $400,000, in consultation with Dir. of Finance
– Manage the design and production of print, digital, and physical collateral, including brochures, program books, mailings, inserts, posters, website, ads, billboards, emails, social media, print mailings, fundraising materials, and branded merchandise
– Responsible for maintaining institution-wide brand consistency
– Occasional copy writing and proofreading
– Other duties as assigned
This full-time, exempt position reports to the Executive Director. $80,000-$90,000 depending on experience with health insurance, vacation, retirement plan.
The Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from diverse candidates, and we are committed to the creation of an inclusive work environment for all employees. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, gender expression/identity, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, criminal conviction, or sexual orientation.
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected]