Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
Levitt LA’s mission is to build community through music for all Angelenos. Access is a key value and is at the forefront of our efforts. The Board and Staff of Levitt LA welcomes and encourages all people, from all walks of life, to apply for a job, internship, volunteer, artistic, and vendor opportunities within the organization. Other places may feel closed to you, Levitt LA is open; we recognize the value in diverse lived experiences and varied work experience. We value different points of view. As a nonprofit arts organization, we are nimble and accomplish a great deal with the resources available. Although we may not be able to hire/train/promote everyone who wants to be involved with Levitt LA, we promise to equally and equitably consider your request for participation.
Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles (Levitt LA)
Director of Operations (Bi-lingual in English/Spanish or English/Korean preferred)
Full-Time, Exempt, Reports to Executive Director
Levitt LA seeks an experienced, high-performing Director of Operations (Director) for the Levitt Pavilion in MacArthur Park. The Director provides administrative leadership to Levitt LA and is responsible for the overall operations of the organization, Human Resources, and onsite management of the Levitt LA concert series. This includes venue management, producing, and administrative oversight. The position will also aid in procurement of strategic partnerships, sponsorships, and community outreach. The Director will serve as the administrative face of the organization to employees, both seasonal and full-time, contractors, partners, artists, and sponsors, during the concert season and while planning for the following season.
Working with Levitt LA means being part of a very collaborative and dedicated team who are passionate about music, art, culture, the MacArthur Park/Westlake community, and Los Angeles overall. We value a ‘can-do’ attitude, a positive spirit, emotional intelligence, a ‘start-up' culture work ethic, anti-racism, equity, diversity and inclusion.
Administrative Management & Leadership
- Provide support to and work closely with the Executive Director and staff to ensure strong administrative health for all levels of the organization and operations align with organization policies
- Cultivate collaborative, productive, and respectful relationships with key stakeholders, community partners, and local Government officials as needed
- Manage all aspects of Levitt LA financials, including accurate reporting of finances and activities
- Manage accounts payable including vendor payments and employee expense reimbursement checks
- With the Director of Programming & Production, provide administration to aspects of concert producing, including budgeting, contract administration and management, talent payment schedules and taxes
- Aid in the procurement of clients for rentals of consulting services and production equipment including the administration of estimates, budgets, and accounts receivable
- Assist with annual all staff transparent budget process
- Develop and maintain systems of organization including scheduling, filing, and meeting productivity and office management
- Schedule Board Meetings, Community Advisory Council Meetings, and assist with the preparation of Board Documents
- Work with Executive Director to conduct all actions necessary to maintain Levitt LA’s 501(c)(3) status and ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations regarding Levitt LA’s nonprofit status and charitable solicitation registrations
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Programming & Production to create and maintain a safety plan and procedures for the concert venue
- Research and maintain up to date safety guidelines for COVID 19 for outdoor live events with audiences up to 5,000
- Manage risk for venue including alarm systems, safe and lock boxes, venue keys, storage rooms, and finance policies and procedures
- Perform human resources responsibilities in managing staff, new hires, seasonal employee onboarding, personnel policies, payroll and employee benefits
- Establish a positive and healthy working environment in accordance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations, Operations Management and Human Resources
- Manage ADP Payroll system, including 401K, bi-monthly payroll, w2, 1099, and review for up to 5 full time staff and 20 part-time seasonal staff
- Assist with drafting and executing the venue and site Right of Entry and Operations Permit from the City of Los Angeles
- Coordinate with City departments regarding venue maintenance, site improvements and necessary City resources
- Overall operations of the venue and onsite logistics for summer concert series including coordinating with third party vendors associated with facility, site maintenance, and security including scheduling and tracking of security guards, backline rentals, maintaining venue inventory and supplies, and City job orders
- Overseeing seasonal operational staff including groundkeepers, hospitality, City of Los Angeles staff, and lawn crew; ensure completion of timesheets and tracking of actual hours worked
- Manage artist and hospitality requests, food and beverage inventory for staff, volunteers, crew and artists
- Works closely with the Director of Community Relations & Partnerships regarding lawn activities, community partner areas, and sponsorship activation set up and strike
- Provide support for volunteer program and audience relations as needed
- Manage venue backstage access including All Access passes and VIP wristbands
- Collaborate with staff on annual benefit event and special events
- Manage lawn donation processes, including creating best practices and accounting; provide support for lawn donation collections and bank deposit preparation
- Create and maintain Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles operations manual, asset inventory, best practices, policies and procedures, including security preparedness and risk mitigation
- If required, manage and implement COVID-19 safety measures for in person live concerts
- Provide support and perform other related duties as needed
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion practices is required
- Bilingual Korean or Spanish and English, preferred but not required
- Minimum 5+ years performing arts management experience, live concert or music festival setting highly preferred, nonprofit experience preferred
- Strong leadership qualities, superb interpersonal skills, and willingness to work hands-on in executing Levitt LA’s strategies
- Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative, entrepreneurial spirit, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven track record/success implementing organizational or company policies and overall operations (HR, payroll, etc.)
- Exceptional budgeting and fiscal management skills
- Excellent public speaking and written communication skills
- Superior skills in organization and staff management, setting and meeting goals
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products, Mac operating system, CRM, and Google Drive
- Familiarity with the histories and cultures of LA’s diverse communities; knowledge of the communities in the MacArthur Park-Westlake/Pico-Union area and surrounding neighborhoods, a plus
- Working knowledge of the music industry and music venue operations
- Ability to commit to being on site at all concerts, pop up concerts, and special events throughout the series, Thursday through Sunday evenings from beginning June through beginning September, including pre-concert set-up and post-concert breakdown
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Valid driver’s license and current insurance with access to automobile for work required
- Able to lift 30 lbs
- The health and safety of Levitt LA staff is paramount and COVID-19 safety measures are in place and must be adhered to. All staff are required to be triple vaccinated.
Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected], including “YOUR NAME - Director of Operations” in the subject line. Applications may be submitted until position is filled.
This is an exempt position. The salary is $75,000 - $85,000 based on experience. Medical insurance, 401K and a robust vacation and PTO package included. Mileage and cell phone reimbursement offered.
Levitt Pavilion is located in MacArthur Park with offices in the Echo Park area. Due to COVID-19 precautions, Director will be required to work from home with occasional meetings in the office, and will be expected to be on site for all live in-person concerts, pop-up concerts, and community engagement events.
About Levitt LA
The mission of Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles (Levitt LA) is to make live music accessible to all, creating stronger and more connected communities while celebrating the diversity of our city and beyond. Every summer, 30 – 50 concerts are presented at the Levitt Pavilion in MacArthur Park, featuring acclaimed, emerging talent to seasoned, award-winning performers in a broad range of music genres and cultural programming. Since 2007, over 600,000 Angelenos have enjoyed the high-caliber entertainment at Levitt LA, bringing people of all ages and backgrounds together through the power of free, live music in a vibrant community gathering space. Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles is part of a national network of permanent outdoor Levitt music venues, each with the mission of building community through music. Learn more at levittlosangeles.org.