The Young Americans
The Young Americans is searching for a qualified candidate to serve as Director of Sales & Marketing.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Sales & Marketing will oversee all marketing, communications, sales, branding and media strategies. This position will plan, direct, coordinate and review the work plan for marketing, booking and sales strategies and assets. This position will oversee publications, promotional materials and communications, oversee web content, and develop the overall social & digital media marketing strategies. The Director of Sales & Marketing oversees and participates in the development of revenue strategies, analytics, direct/digital marketing and budget preparation.
- Creates and maintains marketing and sales materials for outreach programs, summer camps and performances
- Maintains online marketing data and media resources
- Implements internal and external marketing strategies with the use of digital platforms and social media to brand the TYA
- Creates timelines and manages projects to ensure successful execution of all campaigns
- Establishes creative ticket marketing campaigns
- Develops strategies to increase sales and develops new areas of earned revenues
- Communicates with international teams to ensure marketing strategies are consistent
- Participates in the development and administration of the annual budget; forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; directs the monitoring of and approve expenditures; direct and implement adjustments as necessary.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with external companies, arts organizations, local businesses, restaurants, hotels, etc. for the purpose of audience development, outreach, promotions and event sponsoring
- Oversees ongoing website maintenance, updates and maintains all social media platforms which includes all social media postings, and online advertising
- Develops and manage goals, objectives, policies, and priorities of all sales and marketing programs and activities
- Meets with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor workflow; reviews and evaluates work products, methods and procedures
- Oversee merchandise sales, from design, to sales and inventory.
The Young Americans – Mission & History
The Young Americans®, founded in 1962, is a non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of understanding and goodwill among people throughout the world. The Young Americans uses the power of music, dance, performance, academic education, and cultural interaction to foster its mission.
In the early decades of The Young Americans, highly-visible performances were the norm on a near weekly basis. The organization was truly a “celebrity,” appearing with well-known artists such as Johnny Mathis, Julie Andrews, Vic Damone, George Burns, Henry Mancini and Dean Martin. The Young Americans appeared on Bing Crosby TV Specials, The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson and The Ed Sullivan Show.
In 1992, the organization made a shift from performance-based tours to arts education and outreach tours. A decade later, The Young Americans expanded the program reach with international outreach tours. In 2018, The Young Americans was fully accredited as a 2-year college – The Young Americans College of the Performing Arts.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree
Creative thinker, analytical and problem solver who is passionate about education and the arts.
Exceptional leadership skills with 6-8 years of management experience in related field
Able to delegate and oversee workload, projects and activities.
Have a strong experience of implementing internal and external marketing strategies such as social and digital media and branding.
Exceptional organizational skills and have an insatiable drive for data-proven results.
Please submit letter of inquiry, resume, salary history and references to:
Commensurate with experience. Insurance and additional benefits are included in the package.
The Young Americans, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Young Americans, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Young Americans, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Young Americans, Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.