Arts for LA
Arts for LA activates artists and organizations, and leads communities to advocate for an equitable, healthy, and creative Los Angeles region.
Arts for LA seeks a full-time Director of Strategic Partnerships to grow the family of foundation, corporate, individual and organizational membership partners, while growing earned revenue through cross sector (government, nonprofit and business) partnerships. This position is critical in laying the groundwork for the organization’s long term financial sustainability. The Director of Strategic Partnerships will build and execute the development plan, and implement the information technology systems to support the function. The will over the organization of special events.
Reports to: Executive Director
- Nurture the relationship with our long-standing foundation partners while growing our base of new partners, both local and national,
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation fundraising.
- Membership Development and Services
- Grow a generous family of individual and organizational members who are engaged by programs, advocacy initiatives, and aggressive marketing efforts,
- Carefully and thoughtfully cultivate, steward, and solicit individual and organizational members over time to provide the base for the organization’s fundraising efforts,
- Create and implement annual membership acquisition and renewal campaigns for organizations which include digital advertisements, email, direct mail, and phone,\
- Update and maintain membership records and produce timely acknowledgement letters,
- Assist members with day-to-day needs, including facilitating member benefit usage,
- Support regular communication with the membership base, including monthly meetings.
- Prospect, cultivate, solicit, and stewart sponsors, corporate partners and exhibitors,
- Create sponsorship materials for events and other programs,
- Structure custom-fit partnerships with sponsors that drive prolonged, mutual benefit,
- Nurture the relationship from first time sponsors to long term, strategic partners,
- Ensure sponsorship deliverables are met in a timely manner and draft necessary reports,
- Collaborate with partners to maximize the impact of expertise, product and marketing.
- Cross-Sector Partnerships
- Work to identify and foster powerful cross sector (government, nonprofit and business) partnerships for the realization of mission and funding diversification,
- Develop and execute contracted service strategies for increased earned revenue.
- Organize cultivation and membership events,
- Share in the day-to-day operations of the organization as it relates to the duties of the position or as in the normal course of the running of the office as do the other staff members (i.e. special projects, conferences, logistics etc.).
Ideal candidates should hold the following qualifications and experience:
Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in development.
Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and external communication skills.
Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including ability to facilitate and train
Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and some weekends.
Licensed driver with reliable transportation and ability to meet AFLA’s minimum auto insurance requirement.
Preferred, but not required skills :
Experience interacting with non profit boards
Awareness of Los Angeles arts community and local government structures
Public relations experience
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply
Full Time position - Starting salary range $65,000, dependent on experience
Benefits include: health, vision, dental care and vacation.
Applications close July 7, 2021 11:59pm. Proposed start date, July 2021. Post Covid, in person office hours
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resume, cover letter, writing sample (i.e. development plan, grant application, membership solicitation or sponsorship deck) and 3 references to [email protected] with the subject line: “Director of Strategic Partnerships.”
Arts for LA are equal employment opportunity employers and we strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Arts for LA do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, medical condition including genetic characteristics, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, (including transgender status), weight, height, linguistic characteristics (such as accent and limited English proficiency, where not substantially job-related), citizenship status, or any other basis prohibited by law.