Greenway Arts Alliance
Los Angeles, CA
GAA OVERALL VIDEO
Greenway Institute for the Arts (GIA): In-school and after-school Arts Education programs in theatre, dance and film. Manage the Teaching Artists’ implantation of curriculum and syllabi, student recruitment; keep accurate records of student achievement, data collection and evaluations. Oversee various student culminating performances including two mainstage performances, winter and spring.
Internships: 10-15 paid interns work with Greenway staff throughout the year, some co-managed with department heads.
Manage and shape this program to ensure student and staff are working efficiently together and fulfilling the program goals.
Volunteers: Fairfax clubs and organizations volunteer 10-15 Sundays a year to assist in the operation of the Melrose Trading Post.
Ensure that the Program Coordinator is preparing the volunteers for the day and evaluating their progress and final presentations.
Melrose Trading Post Student Employees:
Work towards a plan to move these student employees under the supervision GIA and build a structured, fundable leadership program by Summer 2020.
THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
1. Program Development and Management: Ensure development and effective management of all student programming and lesson plans. Strengthen and manage the infrastructure required to expand and deliver exceptional programming, including reporting and documentation to funders. Provide leadership and help direct program planning and development in order to achieve objectives. Supervise 5-10 part time Teaching Artists and 1 Program Coordinator. Participate in professional development to stay current with trends and be open to additional training in the field.
2. Operational Management and Planning: Oversee the development and implementation of best practices in order to promote efficiency in all aspects of student programming. Prepare an annual operating plan in agreement with the organization’s strategic plan that outlines attendance goals, budget and timing of programs and projects. Oversee the Arts Education performance spaces and schedule; attend school functions such as Open House, Back to School, New Student Orientation, Homecoming and Graduation.
3. Finance and Budgets: Ensure effective management of financial resources in order to preserve and promote financial integrity and viability of the department. Direct the preparation of the annual program operating budget.
4. Development: Continue to research new funding sources. Write and manage at least one program or general operating grant per year and participate in developing funding strategies with the administrative team and board.
5. Interdepartmental: Assist or participate in the work of committees, attend and report at staff and department meetings, maintain open and effective communication with the Founders, Operations Director and other Greenway departments, in order to keep the staff apprised of key developments affecting the department.
6. External Relationships and Communications: Build and maintain positive relationships with key constituencies, Fairfax teachers, administrators, parents and community and serve as spokesperson for the organization’s student programming. Manage marketing for the program, including website and social media. Attend conferences and workshops.
• Demonstrated leadership within a nonprofit or private organization, in the arts
• At least 5 years in a senior management position within a professional organization
• First-hand experience, understanding or appreciation of public education, high school students, diversity and arts education
• Successful track record in evaluations and program development
• Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resources, especially with regard to risk management and compliance, and finance and budgeting
• Masters degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
• Strong and effective oral and written communication skills
• Strong people-skills, leadership and management techniques
• Live scan and background check
PLEASE SENT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO [email protected]. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.