Gander and White
Los Angeles, CA
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced dispatcher for a Fine Art Shipping Company in Los Angeles. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership, communication and organizational skills and have the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment. . Prior experience in Fine Art Shipping or Household Moving or other related trucking industry is requested for this application. A strong dispatcher does much more than manage the phone. You need to position yourself as a reliable point of contact that can successfully balance the drivers' health and safety with customer requirements. This can be a complicated and frustrating logistical process and requires a good deal of planning. An essential part of your job will be to coordinate and manage the most efficient loads to remain cost-effective as a company. You will need to determine the best delivery methods. It's also important to realize you need to be focused on the job from start to finish; there is rarely any down-time and you'll be taking calls and managing routes all day. For this reason, you must be highly organized.
- Communicate with account holders and truck crews throughout day to plan and schedule work.
- Communicate with warehouse and dock managers to prepare incoming/ outgoing shipments.
- Schedule and organize work using our proprietary scheduling software. - Solve problems and issues that may arise throughout the day and reschedule work when necessary.
- Preparation of paperwork including bills of lading, timesheets for truck crews.
- Responsible for keeping records, monitoring driver daily logs for errors or violations and monitoring drivers' working hours and equipment availability.
- Responsible for maintaining trucks and equipment and reporting accidents to insurance carriers.
- 3+ years’ experience dispatching with a Fine Art Services Company or High End Moving Company.
- Team Player and ability to demonstrate leadership.
- Knowledge of proper handling and transportation of art objects, fragile and artistic material, antique and high end furniture while using the appropriate methods for packaging, loading & securing for safe transport.
- Excellent communication skills, proficient in verbal and written English.
- Thorough knowledge of tristate area and familiarity with truck routes and transportation laws, rules and regulations.
- Ability to efficiently handle all incoming communication and respond accordingly while scheduling all work in a timely manner.
- Capacity to work comfortably in a fast paced environment as well as in a customer focused environment
- Knowledge of computers and Microsoft programs.
*Competitive salary with health benefits*
HOW TO APPLY
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
For immediate consideration, please submit a resume along with references to [email protected]. We will only consider applicants who possess the minimum qualifications specified above.