Job Title: Dispatcher
Job Posting Number: 0021-17
Posting Date: 2/14/2017
WHO WE ARE
Artex is the nation’s largest and most comprehensive fine art service provider to museums, galleries, auction houses and private collectors. We specialize in the safe handling of fine art, antiques and museum objects of all kinds. We provide transportation, crating and packing, storage, installation, rigging, and conservation services to museums, galleries, and auction houses as well as private and corporate collections. No matter the size or scope of the job, we provide solutions that meet or exceed the expectations of our clients, while ensuring them the most cost effective service possible. For this reason, ARTEX is routinely chosen to handle the most complex and demanding of projects, ranging from entire museum relocations to the shipment of an individual piece.
Reporting to the Operation Manager, this position is responsible for the day-to-day management, allocation, and supervision of the office’s trucks and routing schedules. Organizes and coordinates all relevant transportation documents dealing with the shipping, receiving, packing and unpacking of works of art as booked by the sales staff. Assigns trips, vehicles and drivers per location, efficiency and schedule. Working closely with the Operations Manager provides Supervision of Driver/Art Handlers, and has significant direct client interaction throughout the dispatching process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Consults with CSRs regarding requests to book equipment and labor to balance multiple ongoing jobs.
- Places holds in shared calendar and changes status when booked, changed, or cancelled in calendar
- Assigns firm dates and time windows to active jobs. Pre-calls/emails to confirm job details.
- Negotiates scheduling
- Organizes driver schedules and routes for maximum efficiency.
- Assigns specific drivers and vehicles by skill and logistical requirements.
- Assigns and organizes paperwork
- Announces daily and weekly crew start times and assignments.
- Tracks driver progress and reassign work as necessary
- Maintains active driver contact list
- Evaluates art handler/driver performance and assists with training
- Enters completed paperwork information into Filemaker database
- Scans receipts and expense forms
- Organizes and sends completed paperwork to home office in MD.
- Generates revenue reports
- Approves driver timesheets and paid time off
- Keeps track of Driver pre-trip inspections and coordinates with services.
- Other duties as required.
- 3-5 years’ experience within transportation industry
- 1-3 years’ experience within the fine art service industry
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Management or Supervisory Experience
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate problem resolution and conflict management situations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving, reasoning skills
- Detail oriented, works well under pressure
- Knowledge of DOT and local transportations regulations
High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelors’ degree preferred
Ability to communicate effectively and resolve conflicts both orally and in writing with both internal and external customers. Excellent verbal, telephone and written communication skills.
Works primarily in an office environment, with occasional visits to client’s facilities and other Artex offices. Work is mostly sedentary with intermittent movement throughout work hours. Movement may include walking, bending, lifting, and standing and may occur in offices, warehouses, or similar areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee may perform on an occasional to regular basis while performing functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter on an occasional to regular basis while performing the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these functions.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you possess the experience and qualifications outlined, please submit your cover letter and resume to our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Please include Job Title and Job Posting Number in the Subject Line when applying. To learn more about Artex please visit www.artexfas.com.
Consideration will be granted Only to those who possess the minimum requirements as stipulated. Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply. Artex, Inc. is a federal contractor and an EOE AA M/F/VET/DISABLED employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, medical condition or disability or protected veteran status. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (301) 909-5502.