Los Angeles, CA
Acumen FAL in Los Angeles, California is looking for experienced truck drivers/art handlers, as well as an experienced fine art crater.
DRIVER/ART HANDLER - ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Drives box trucks and vehicles of various makes and sizes.
• Adheres to dispatched schedule and maintains composure in high stress situations.
• Responsible for installing, handling, moving and packing artwork and artifacts to museum standards.
• Understands high quality customer service and client relations procedures.
• Excellent precision and attention to detail as well as knowledge of basic OSHA compliance standards.
• Must be able to take direction and adjust work techniques to fit Acumen standards and practices.
• Must have valid driver’s license with clean record.
CRATER - ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Designs and manufactures individually designed crates for shipping art using power tools, pneumatic staplers, nail-guns, table and radial saws, and band saws.
• Constructs interior packing components including trays, braces, inner boxes, cushioning and insulation, and archival materials to a variety of design specifications.
• Responsible for handling, moving and packing artwork and artifacts to museum standards.
• Performs shop maintenance and other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
• Familiarity with all standard crate packing operations.
• Excellent precision and attention to detail as well as knowledge of general wood shop, power tool safety and OSHA compliance standards.
• Must be able to take direction and adjust work procedures to fit Acumen standards and practices.
Hourly wage commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Do you like this post?