Los Angeles, CA
Acumen FAL in Los Angeles, California is looking for experienced truck drivers/art handlers, as well as an experienced fine art crater.
DRIVER/ART HANDLER - ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Drives box trucks and vehicles of various makes and sizes.
• Adheres to dispatched schedule and maintains composure in high stress situations.
• Responsible for installing, handling, moving and packing artwork and artifacts to museum standards.
• Understands high quality customer service and client relations procedures.
• Excellent precision and attention to detail as well as knowledge of basic OSHA compliance standards.
• Must be able to take direction and adjust work techniques to fit Acumen standards and practices.
• Must have valid driver’s license with clean record.
CRATER - ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Designs and manufactures individually designed crates for shipping art using power tools, pneumatic staplers, nail-guns, table and radial saws, and band saws.
• Constructs interior packing components including trays, braces, inner boxes, cushioning and insulation, and archival materials to a variety of design specifications.
• Responsible for handling, moving and packing artwork and artifacts to museum standards.
• Performs shop maintenance and other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
• Familiarity with all standard crate packing operations.
• Excellent precision and attention to detail as well as knowledge of general wood shop, power tool safety and OSHA compliance standards.
• Must be able to take direction and adjust work procedures to fit Acumen standards and practices.
Hourly wage commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you like this post?