The Mulberry Tree
Santa Monica, CA
The Mulberry Tree is a home-based preschool program that serves
children 2.5+. It operates 4 days/week in Santa Monica. We are seeking
a Field Trip Coordinator to plan, supervise, and implement arts and
education adventures for the children on Fridays (the day we close).
We anticipate this position to require a 20 – 30 hour weekly
commitment year round.
Salary is based on enrollment and qualifications. Should a candidate
prefer to use the opportunity to create a Field Trip business (as
opposed to working as an employee), we would be very receptive to that
- Plan trips and adventures which are joyful, safe, age-appropriate
- Arrange supervision + transportation to and from destinations;
- Hire and supervise a staff qualified to make these trips joyful,
safe, and age-appropriate;
- Photograph and document adventures with reflection on the learning
that was part of the experience;
- Plan strategies to extend the learning, either with additional
activities you implement, or by communicating suggestions to The
Mulberry Tree staff;
- Communicate with parents regarding the experience, learning, and any
issues relevant to their children;
- Ensure that billing, accounts, and payments for services remain current;
- Ensure that the program does not operate at a loss;
- Ensure the program’s insurance coverage remains current and sufficient;
- Ensure that staff records remain current and that DOJ searches and
fingerprints are on file.
- Self-starter with excellent communication, organization, and follow-through;
- Imaginative educator with creative ideas for using the field trip format;
- Commitment to the safety and welfare of children above all other
elements of the program;
- Willingness to devote large quantities of time to the planning,
administration, and review of the trips outside of the actual trip
- Good general education with the capacity to relate experiences to
the arts, history, science, etc.;
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about Becky Bailey’s Conscious
Discipline, a Social Emotional curriculum and system of classroom
management in which teachers coach a child toward self regulation;
- Knowledge of local arts, culture, and nature locations and activities;
- Degrees and credentialing, especially in ECE, a plus; and,
- Multiple languages also a plus.
Please email a CV and cover letter to [email protected].
Outline some of the ways you imagine using the position to create
quality of care for children 2.5 – 5. We shall respond within 2 weeks.
Please do not call unless you have not heard from us in that time