Philharmonic Society of Orange County
Education Assistant – Philharmonic Society of Orange County
This is a Part Time position, 20-25 hours per week.
Hourly Wage: TBD based on qualifications
2-3 years of experience working in an office environment
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Google docs, Tessitura a plus
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Assist the Education department of the Philharmonic Society of Orange County in the following areas:
- Update and distribute the Committees’ Directory, Officers Roster, Executive and Chairman Handbooks annually
- Assemble and make copies of materials for all Committees meetings, fundraisers and training workshops
- Schedule meeting rooms as needed
- Prepare and update complete calendar of Committees meetings and fundraisers
- Coordinate the production of the quarterly newsletter, the “Overture”
- Provide administrative support for major fundraisers as needed
- Coordinate CD sales by volunteers at evening concerts (attendance at relevant concerts required, and work schedule can be adjusted accordingly)
- Serve as repository for all Committees documents, including Bluebook, Chairman’s Handbook, fundraiser flyers. Provide these materials to individual volunteers upon request throughout the year. Provide fundraiser flyers to Marketing for e-blasting as requested.
- Develop and maintain an active database of public and private school contact information
- Assist with researching school schedules to support the development of the annual schedule of music education programs.
- Assist with invitation creation and dissemination for all education programs, and monitor/format responses.
- Assist with school assignments for all programs, sending confirmations and making changes as needed.
- Update and/or create evaluation forms for each program; send link to teachers with all program confirmations, or after each performance.
Philharmonic Society Board of Directors:
- Assist with creation and maintenance of all Board materials, including meeting calendar, Board notebook materials, Directors Emeriti spreadsheet.
- Prepare packets for all Board and Executive Committee meetings
- Assist with all aspects of Society Annual Meeting.
Orange County Youth Symphony:
- Process invoices and check requests received from OCYS general manager.
- Maintain member records, forms, and application materials.
- Act as intermediary between Marketing department and OCYS team for concert ticket sign up sheets and coordination of ticket offers to parents.
Other duties as assigned