A Noise Within Theatre
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
A Noise Within, one of the nation’s leading regional theatre producers, seeks to fill the position of Education Assistant with a bright and enthusiastic individual. The Education Assistant works closely with the Education Director to create meaningful and plentiful experiences for students and educators while ensuring we achieve the theatre’s strategic goals. The Education Assistant will be responsible for marketing and promoting the education program to K-12 and University educators (including for our upcoming in-person, live 21-22 season).
Qualities and qualifications of a successful candidate:
- Superb written and verbal communication skills (bilingual in English and Spanish a plus), excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work well both independently and with others.
- Education experience preferred; background in the performing arts a plus.
- A Noise Within invests in its employees to grow, and therefore the ideal candidate will have a desire to learn and collaborate.
- Demonstrates a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives and values, and to an antiracist work culture.
- The ideal candidate can prioritize multiple simultaneous projects successfully, and can work effectively with teachers, board members, donors, volunteers, and staff.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word; Excel; PowerPoint) required.
- Evening and weekend availability for performances, opening nights, and education events are required.
- Support all education events including Student Matinees, Principal Evenings, Relaxed Performance and Family Series productions and Professional Development Workshops
- School outreach/marketing and booking of student group tickets
- Process incoming/outgoing invoices and manage educational billing and payments due/received
- Utilize ticketing platform to generate and run reports, book student groups and track progress of goals
- Supervise Education Department interns, program volunteers, and teaching artists
- Develop and execute education marketing plan with the Education Director for the entire season
- Write and design all segmented educational e-Blasts
- Create content and increase engagement for all education program social media platforms (i.e. Instagram, twitter, etc.)
- Manage creation of study guides
- Coordinate and run all INsiders Book Club events
- Other tasks as needed
The position is full time, non-exempt, salary is $37,500
• Company-paid HMO (employees may “buy up” to additional offered coverage)
• 11 paid holidays and one floating day
• Paid vacation and sick time
• Company-matched benefit savings plan
START DATE: Flexible
Please send a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to: [email protected] Please put “Education Assistant – Candidate Last Name” in the subject line by August 31. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please, no follow up calls.
ANW believes in working hard on our anti-racist practice across the whole organization and we invite candidates to review more information here. https://www.anoisewithin.org/equitydiversity-inclusion-at-anw/ Candidates of color and from diverse backgrounds strongly encouraged to apply.