A Noise Within
“One of the nation’s premier classical repertory companies” according to the Huffington Post, A Noise Within in Pasadena performs and promotes classical theatre as an essential means for our community to confront the universal human experience, expand personal awareness, and challenge individual perspectives.
We seek a passionate and driven individual to join our educational team during an exciting period of growth and opportunity for the theatre. This entry-level position, which reports directly to the Director of Education and Community Outreach, supports all educational programming and offers an opportunity to gain experience as an education administrator in a successful and supportive environment. This position will:
- Assist with curriculum development
- Oversee and expand the Young Adult Council
- Support education events such as Tickets for Teachers receptions, Student Matinees, and Professional Development Workshops
- Teach or assist as needed for in-class workshops, school partnerships, etc.
- Edit study guides and other educational materials as needed
- Support conservatory and Summer with Shakespeare programming
- Supervise Education Department interns and program volunteers
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required; experience with educational program design and teaching artistry a plus
- Exceptional writing skills with demonstrated ability to write in a clear, structured, and persuasive manner with both prose and data
- Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to manage a wide variety of internal and external relationships
- Enthusiasm to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
This position is part time (20 hours per week) and non-exempt. Compensation is $13 per hour.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Education Associate in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered. A Noise Within is committed to equal employment opportunities—candidates of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and other underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.