Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts
Beverly Hills, CA
Department: Education Department
Supervised By: Director of Education
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The mission of the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts (aka “The Wallis”) is to create, present, and celebrate unique performing arts events and educational programs that reflect the rich cultural diversity of our community.
Education is a central part of the mission at The Wallis. Under the umbrella of GRoW @ The Wallis, the organization is dedicated to providing exceptional opportunities for K-12 students, serious young artists, and those often lacking access to the arts, such as young people with autism. The Wallis has an extensive School Partners Program, offers master classes and courses for young artists, presents student matinee performances, and offers audience engagement opportunities for learners of all ages. This position provides administrative support for all Education programs and plays a key role as Registrar, supporting the classes and courses offered.
- 2-3 years of experience in a position requiring strong administrative skills is required.
- A deep love for children and arts learners of all ages and a genuine commitment to performing arts education are essential.
- Thorough familiarity with Outlook, Excel and Word required. Experience with Tessitura preferred.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and work habits and able to work independently.
- Knowledge of various social media applications and effective strategies for marketing programs online preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Education Associate Duties:
- General office management.
- Answer department phones.
- Maintain departmental correspondence with school partners, course participants, and other constituents.
- Maintain departmental files and database records.
- Act as ground level liaison between Education and all other departments.
- Administer department accounting systems to include: income and expense, purchase orders, petty cash, expense reports, quarterly close outs, semi-annual close outs, and annual close outs.
- Coordinate and support department payroll.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of all department programs and activities.
- Help prepare Development and Board reports on Education programs and activities.
- Support and coordinate department events.
- Create, maintain and disseminate department and program calendars and schedules.
- Maintain and update Department meeting agendas, action lists, and schedules.
- Organize, maintain, and order all department and program supplies.
- Maintain archival records.
- Support school matinees, public shows, and all other education related events.
- Available to work regular office hours as well as early mornings, nights and weekends as schedule dictates.
- Serve as primary liaison to parents.
- Build class schedule and maintain records for course participation using Active Network and/or Tessitura.
- Oversee and conduct sales and create sales reports.
- Coordinate efforts to boost sales and/or deal with waiting lists.
- Manage all payments, refunds etc.
- Coordinate class calendars, schedules, spaces, and supplies.
- Coordinate and communicate any schedule changes to students, parents, and Faculty.
- Work with faculty and teaching artists to ensure all required certifications are completed (such as fingerprinting and tuberculosis testing).
- Assume leadership in the event of an emergency. Insure full understanding of all emergency systems/protocols and order and manage emergency supplies as needed.
- Collaborate with facilities on maintenance of all spaces in the Education Wing.
- Staff or arrange staffing for check-in and check-out of participants in all courses.
- Make arrangements to open and close Education Wing during class times in collaboration with building security procedures.
- Work with other departments to ensure proper scheduling of additional employees when needed.
- Ensure time sheets for department staff and teaching artists are submitted to Accounting in timely and accurate fashion.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: stand for extended periods; sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift chairs and tables; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
1) In your cover letter, please answer the following questions: Why are you passionate about arts education? About which existing Wallis programs are you most curious?
2) Please put “Education Associate and Registrar” in the subject line.
3) All interested applicants should send their resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.