Los Angeles, CA
CalNonprofits Education Manager and LA Field Representative
This new position with CalNonprofits will have two distinct elements:
- Education Program Manager
CalNonprofits is in the process of formalizing our already-extensive webinar-based education programming on policy as well as compliance topics such as accessing public funds, engaging in nonprofit advocacy, and complying with government regulations. This person will manage the education program including participating in program strategy development, event planning and production, and follow-up activities. As a member of the team, they will participate in team discussions about education program goals, topics, agendas, speakers, pricing, frameworks, and more.
As this program is still under development, this person will also be a part of shaping the program as it evolves. Tasks will likely include:
* Work with the CEO, staff, and stakeholders to evolve the education program strategy and plans
* Work with a wide variety of speakers and partners before, during, and after the events
* Manage all technical aspects of each event, including Zoom setup and tech supports during events, reminders, follow-up emails, securing closed caption and language services, and other tasks
* Working with the Communications Director and other staff to make sure publicity for each event or series is timely and accurate
* Supporting CalNonprofits members and membership outreach through the educational program
2. Los Angeles Field Representative
As our field representative in Los Angeles, this person will build on previous years’ work to develop and maintain connections with our constituencies: nonprofits, foundations, local government bodies, and policy coalitions.
Tasks will likely include:
* Participate in phone calls, video meetings, and (post-pandemic)in-person meetings with local nonprofit leaders, funders, and members of policy coalitions
* With the support of the Public Policy Director and the CEO, represent CalNonprofits at meetings with local elected officials, legislators, or their staff and speak at local hearings and other public meetings where nonprofits are a voice at the table
* Working with CalNonprofits' southern California board members
* Strengthening and expanding CalNonprofits' networks in the nonprofit, policy, and philanthropic communities
This position will be work-at-home until the building reopens, at which time it is likely to require three days per week in person at the office. In-office presence is important to support engagement with other organizations and program partners housed in the same building.
Our small staff of six, including this position, allows each staff person to learn about and be involved in various aspects of our work. We take collaborative approaches and value a willingness to support projects beyond one's job description. In other words, we help each other to produce the best work we can.
* Experience with Los Angeles nonprofits, as a paid staff person or as a volunteer
* Demonstrated commitment to the nonprofit community
* Experience with adult education programs, including online educational events
* Experience communicating and working successfully with people of diverse backgrounds
* Experience with technical tools, including Google Suite, databases, Zoom, and Microsoft Office, and curiosity to learn
* A car and ability to drive to locations around southern California as the pandemic lifts
* An at-home or other location suitable for remote work
* Ability to work on one's own and with remote teams
* Experience working successfully in an environment where priorities can shift quickly
Bonus points for:
* Experience working with government staff, foundation leaders and with coalitions
* Existing networks within the Southern California nonprofit community
* Experience with nonprofit public policy work or nonprofit capacity building
* Hands-on experience at a community-based nonprofit
CalNonprofits is an equal opportunity employer, and we recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We seek to build a staff of people with a variety of perspectives and life experience.
Salary range: $65,000 - $75,000
CalNonprofits offers generous benefits, including three weeks of PTO. New employees begin accruing PTO immediately, plus 11.5 paid holidays. Full-time employees are eligible for employer-paid health insurance, dental, vision, and life insurance, and, after 6 months, an employer-matched 403b retirement plan. CalNonprofits is a Public Service Loan Forgiveness qualified employer.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume explaining why you are a good match for CalNonprofits and this position to: [email protected]. No phone calls, please. Please put your full name and “Education Manager--Field Rep” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until hire.