Cayton Children’s Museum
Santa Monica, CA
Classification: Full-Time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Education Program Manager
Location: 395 Santa Monica Place, Santa Monica, CA 90401
At ShareWell, we cultivate brave and generous thinkers. Through arts, immersive play and real-world action, we guide children and youth to recognize injustice and possibility within their communities and beyond, and to take meaningful, collaborative and collective action to create a better future. ShareWell is comprised of two main initiatives: the Cayton Children’s Museum⎯opening in 2019 in Downtown Santa Monica⎯and youTHink, an innovative youth development program.
Cayton Children’s Museum seeks a warm, high-energy, friendly and flexible person with excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills with a genuine interest in working with young children and families to join our Education Department. The Education Program Assistant will support the Education Department in all programmatic and administrative functions. They will assist in the day-to-day operations of the department including communication, coordination, on and off-site program support.
- Provide support in implementation of educational programs including: processing registration and rosters, general correspondence via phone and email, maintaining program schedules, drafting fliers and copy, ordering and transporting supplies.
- Generate, collect, and input evaluations, registration, rosters, contacts, reports, and additional documents in database systems.
- Facilitate and assist in all education programs camp, classes, off-site classes and programs, and field trips as needed and directed by Education Program department.
- Calendar teaching artists’ schedules for all programs.
- Calendar class and camp sessions throughout the year.
- Set-up, clean-up and keep up with maintenance of classroom and materials.
- Stay informed on all relevant museum opportunities, including memberships, exhibits, classes, camps, public programs, parties, and events to ensure all promotional program materials and flyers are up-to-date and fully stocked.
- Perform other general administrative assistance duties and participate in Cayton programs and events as directed by Education Program Director.
- Excellent interpersonal administrative skills and a friendly & professional demeanor.
- Prior experience working in environments serving children and families.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to solve problems flexibly in a changing environment.
- Pedagogical knowledge of best practices in Early Childhood Education and state and national core standards.
- Ability to interact positively with people of different backgrounds.
- Basic math skills to account for receipts, prepare routine reports, and resolve errors.
- Basic computer skills and effective written communication skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years or older.
- Must pass background check.
- Move around an office and museum spaces to access cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must have the ability to walk, stand, kneel, balance, crouch, crawl, sit, run, talk and hear.
- Make substantial movements (motions) of wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Must have reliable transportation and valid Driver’s License.
ShareWell is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) dedicated to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and equity. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or any other legally protected characteristics. Everyone is encouraged to apply for available employment to ensure our staff reflects the diversity of our visitors and surrounding communities.
Send resume and cover letter to Sara Choi at email@example.com with subject line “Education Program Assistant”. No phone calls please.