Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre
Los Angeles, CA
Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre (HDDT) creates innovative dance experiences in non-traditional places and provides learning opportunities in diverse neighborhoods, inviting audiences and artists to connect with one another in ways they have never experienced. Through cultivating innovative collaborations with artists, arts organizations and underserved communities, HDDT brings meaningful interdisciplinary dance to new audiences throughout Los Angeles and the world. HDDT is a nonprofit, site-specific dance performance company based in the fashion district of Downtown LA, founded in 1985.
Reporting to the Artistic/Executive Director, the Education Programs Coordinator will coordinate and execute HDDT’s seasonal DuckED dance education programming. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator, administrator, and advocate for dance and arts education.
· Schedule all DuckED program dates, attending select site-visits and meetings with school officials as needed
· Cultivate and maintain new and existing partnerships with teachers, schools, and community organizations
· Update and develop all standards-based DuckED curricula
· Contract, schedule, and supervise roster of teaching artists, initiating teaching artist recruitment as needed; develop and train teaching artists on DuckED curricula
· Supervise each program budget and ensure all sites remain on schedule and on budget; conduct regular residency budget reporting to Artistic/Executive Director
· Develop, distribute, and compile DuckED evaluations for teaching artists and students
· Plan and execute final DuckED performances, contracting dancers and technical/documentation crew as needed
· Research DuckED residency opportunities for the company
· Assist the Programs Director in House Management at performances, special events and Salons as needed
· Ensure accountability and compliance with all company production policies among DuckED teaching artists, performing artists, and volunteers
· Undergraduate degree in relevant area preferred
· 1-2 years of administrative experience in the arts, education, outreach or at a non-profit preferred
· Experience with dance education programming
· Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills; bilingual a plus
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines at once
· General office administration and computer skills, including but not limited to proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive applications
· Experience with OvationTix or other patron tracking software preferred
· Access to reliable transportation and ability to make site visits outside of the office, as well as attend HDDT & DuckED productions and events on weekends/evenings
Commensurate with experience; this is a part-time hourly position.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to HDDT’s Artistic/Executive Director Heidi Duckler at [email protected]. For any questions, please email or call 213-536-5820.
To learn more about Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre, please visit us online at: www.heididuckler.org.