Community Arts Resources
Los Angeles, CA
Event Production Assistant (full-time/40 hours per week, salaried) Community Arts Resources (CARS) seeks a highly qualified and energetic Event Production Assistant to assist in the execution of all aspects of event planning, production, and outreach for multiple community and cultural events in the Los Angeles area.
The Event Production Assistant will work closely with the production and planning teams to ensure that all related elements are properly handled in a timely and professional manner. This position will assist the senior staff to execute all aspects of event planning, production, marketing and outreach related to each of the company’s events.
This is an entry-level position, perfect for someone looking to break into the community and cultural event production field. The ideal candidate will be comfortable wearing many different hats at once and will be extremely detail oriented with strong communications skills, both written and verbal. In addition, this position requires someone who is a self- starter and enjoys working in a fast-paced, small office environment.
Duties will include:
• Assist with all community, vendor, client and internal outreach and communication (written and verbal).
• Assist in the development and organization of all aspects of event logistics, including agendas, schedules, timelines, task lists, and event programs.
• Assist with all event packing, unloading and re-loading, and the organization of all event materials. • Assist in database entry and office related errands, including drop-offs and pick-ups of event materials.
• Assist in the creation of social media and e-newsletter marketing content.
• Assist in the writing and editing of copy for proposals and reports. Community Arts Resources - Job Opportunity Page 2 Event Production Assistant 1/22/2018 Qualifications:
• 1-3 years experience in event production
• Knowledge of the Los Angeles arts and cultural scene
• Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and proficiency with Mac computers
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
• Ability to work as part of a professional team
• Planning, organizational and prioritization skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High energy, self-managing, and self-starter personality
• Ability to have flexible hours including early morning, nights, and weekends as needed
• Adept at managing multiple tasks in a calm and professional manner
• Strong desire to work as part of a fun, creative and entrepreneurial team in a fastpaced, out-of-the-box environment
• General knowledge of maintaining websites and event calendar listings
• Experience with content creation for social media marketing
• Commitment to the mission and work of Community Arts Resources
• Access to a reliable automobile
• Proof of automobile insurance
• Valid California driver’s license
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com, attn: Hiring Manager. Please list “Event Production Assistant” in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please.
About Community Arts Resources (CARS)
With almost 30 years of experience, Community Arts Resources (CARS) creates opportunities to engage with culture and community. Our work is built upon the principles of strategic collaboration, connectivity, exploration and celebration. Through the navigation of the urban landscape and cultural geography of a city, CARS develops new models for the design and activation of public space. The firm’s impressive repertoire of work has garnered CARS a significant reputation in the fields of cultural planning, event production, and community outreach and marketing. CARS produces and oversees a wide variety of community and cultural projects throughout the Los Angeles region, including the Broad Museum Family Weekends, the Getty Center Family Festivals, COAST – Santa Monica’s Open Streets Festival, the County of LA Arts Internship Day, Go Little Tokyo and more. For more information, visit carsla.net.