Japanese American Cultural & Community Center
Los Angeles, CA
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Hours: 40 hrs./week
Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Type: Non-Exempt (Hourly), Full-time
Organization: Founded in 1971, Japanese American Cultural & Community Center is one of the largest ethnic arts and cultural centers of its kind in the United States. A hub for Japanese and Japanese American arts and culture and a community gathering place for the diverse voices it inspires – Japanese American Cultural & Community Center connects traditional and contemporary; community participants and creative professionals; Southern California and the world beyond. For over 30 years, JACCC has produced and sponsored a wide variety of festivals, events and performances. jaccc.org
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the President & CEO, the Executive Assistant supports the President & CEO with high-level administrative tasks: representing the executive for those who need assistance with scheduling and various project details, scheduling meetings, assessing meeting and workflow priorities, taking minutes at board meetings, assisting the development department with fundraising efforts and events, and maintaining a grants database. The position requires effective workflow organization and teamwork, attention to detail, accuracy, strong computer skills, and efficient multi-tasking.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, making travel arrangements and arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings for President & CEO.
- Prepare packets for board meetings and take minutes
- Create & maintain a database of grants including submission & reporting deadlines.
- Assist development department with donor events.
- Strong communication skills-both written and verbal
- Superior organization and attention to detail
- Able to prioritize workflow and meeting schedules on behalf of the President & CEO
- Proven ability to work independently with skills to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Exceptional accuracy in data entry
- Strong computer skills, including: G (Google) Suite, Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel, and a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. Familiarity with Mac systems a plus.
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends
- A professional manner with strong customer orientation
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to lift and carry 15 lbs.
- College degree preferred.
Compensation and Benefits: $20/hr.; Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Japanese American Cultural & Community Center to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.