Antaeus Theatre Company
Antaeus Theatre Company is an actor-driven theater company that explores and produces timely and timeless works, grounded in our passion for the Classics. We illuminate diverse human experiences through performance, training and outreach. We believe in the transformative power of live theater.
Antaeus is located at the Kiki & David Gindler Performing Arts Center in Downtown Glendale, CA. The center includes an 80-seat theater, a reconfigurable 36-seat black box space, and a theater library. Antaeus is currently in the second year of implementing a three-year strategic plan to build out its infrastructure and create long-term financial sustainability.
Antaeus operates with an annual budget of approximately $1 million. In March 2020, in response to COVID-19, Antaeus closed its building and subsequently postponed all in-person activities. We have shifted some programming online during this time and also produced a new audio play series, The Zip Code Plays: Los Angeles. The current staff of eight are working remotely, but we expect to return to the building this fall.
Antaeus is seeking an Executive Assistant to join our team. Reporting to the Producing Executive Director, Ana Rose O’Halloran, the Executive Assistant will embody Antaeus’s organizational values while supporting the day-to-day operations of the organization. The successful candidate will have a passion for theater, be highly motivated, extremely organized, have a positive demeanor, and have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. This position will work closely with the Board of Directors and Artistic Director.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks in support of the Producing Executive Director including answering phones, scheduling meetings, tracking expenses, managing an extremely active calendar, running errands, and maintaining files.
- Supports the Producing Executive Director’s work with the Board of Directors. Responsible for scheduling Board and Committee meetings, sending email communications, creating meeting packets, taking and disseminating minutes, assisting with special events, and providing other materials as needed.
- Acts as the first point of contact and provides a professional, welcoming environment to those contacting the office; provides information and directs visitors, calls, and emails to the appropriate staff members in a timely manner; processes ticketing requests.
- Provides general support to the Producing Executive Director in the areas of Artistic, Fundraising, Marketing, Operations, and Education as needed.
- Serves as House Manager on the Front of House team as needed.
- Provides assistance with writing and proofing materials as needed.
- Commits to Antaeus’s value of inclusivity in order to foster a work environment that reflects this value. This includes engaging in Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion initiatives at Antaeus, participating in anti-bias/EDI training, and furthering your own independent journey with anti-racism.
- Evidence of good work habits including, but not limited to being on time, following workplace policies, arriving prepared for meetings and events, being responsive and following through on all Board, supervisor, and patron requests.
- Exhibits appropriate phone, email and in-person etiquette, and responds to phone and email messages in a timely fashion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Appreciates and is enthusiastic about theater and the important role that cultural organizations play in the life of a vibrant community. Must be able to balance the many challenges inherent in working in a growing, fast-paced intimate theater environment.
- Must be extremely organized, resourceful, possess excellent interpersonal skills, and be self-motivated with the ability to anticipate needs, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Technical Knowledge – must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and comfortable using database software.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. All employees at Antaeus Theatre Company undertake other duties as needed and all positions require flexible work hours, including evening and weekends. Starting pay for this position will be $18-20/hour and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include: medical insurance, paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave.
One of Antaeus’s guiding values is Inclusivity:
We are committed to creating a welcoming environment and deeper inclusion within our company. Antaeus strives for diversity through Company membership, Board membership, staff, inclusive casting, choice of artistic material, and through our community engagement. We are a space where all voices are heard. To support our hiring goal of identifying a highly qualified and diverse pool of candidates, we strongly encourage applicants from communities that are underrepresented in the American Theatre to apply.
For more information about Antaeus’s mission, programs, and activities, please visit our website at www.antaeus.org.