The Social and Public Resource Center (SPARC) located in Venice, California is looking for Executive Assistant to the Artistic Director.
Ideal candidate is a college graduate with at least 4 years work experience and a demonstrated interest in public art, muralism, architecture, art education, or civic engagement fields. A Bilingual candidate with demonstrated experience and commitment to community organizing or other social justice related work in the non-profit sector is preferred.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Scheduling of personal and professional appointments, public requests, lectures
- Administrative support with records, budgets, inventory
- Support with artwork archive management and oversight
- Research support on artistic productions as needed
- Additional personal support as needed
Full-time hours: Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week, some weekends required. Must be available to telework and attend on-location work at the Digital Mural Lab, following all health guidelines and restrictions in compliance with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 4 plus years of administrative experience preferred
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills; including proficiency in Mac operating systems, Microsoft Office programs and Google Suite Graphic Design skills; preferably Adobe Photoshop
- Able to work independently with great attention to detail
- Creative problem solver in studio and in a digital lab
- Dedicated and socially conscious person
- Strong communication skills with all levels of people
- Passion for community and interest in making a difference
- Must be a good team player with good work ethic
- Able to work with Artist’s students and comfort working with diverse populations
- Have a working knowledge of contemporary art, art institutions and art practices
- Able to maintain professional protocols at all times
Please submit a resume, cover letter, three references and two relevant writing samples to [email protected] by February 28, 2022.